Doc Martens with velcro straps

Well, if we’re talking about the overlap between women’s sizes and men’s, I gotta pipe up. My feet are ‘over-engineered’ for the size of the rest of me, but they are emphatically ‘feminine’ in shape. ‘Feminine’ feet are shaped like playing-card diamonds - they’re widest at the ball of the foot and taper forward toward the middle toe, and backward toward the heel. Mine, like my hands, are even more exaggeratedly diamond-shaped. But they’re really long…and women’s safety boots (the good ones) are rarely on super-clearance. But small men’s boots can be had for a fraction of their original price! So, I get around the wiggle in the heel by adding extra insoles, which is a bonus if you stomp around the whole day. The added thickness pushes your foot higher up into the toebox and shaft of the boot, which is narrower. …and thick socks.

1 Like

Seriously? These look terrible. I love DMs and I’m wearing some right now but the ones in the image look like a complete design failure to me with the obsolete string holes underneath the velcro strip.

2 Likes

Do they come in 48 hole velcro?

4 Likes

I want to congratulate you for using the proper product description. Velcro® is working hard to encourage the distinction between the brand and the product it is synonymous with. Being pedantic is the most punk.

2 Likes
3 Likes

In the case of my Mary Janes, I’m not kidding about how old they are. I bought 'em in '92 or '93. And I’m wearing them right now. They need polishing, but otherwise have held up magnificently.

1 Like

“…the sneakerheads be like:'Oh, he got the Velcros!”

shut-up-and-take-my-money-o

How to look like a fop for only $229.

1 Like

enterprise-archer-shran-sad

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.