Doctor Who's real name is d³∑x²

I’m just glad he dropped the RE off of the front of his ships name, to be politically correct of course.

2 Likes

it almost is…

The third derivative of the sum of x squared. It’s part of an expression, because it doesn’t state which derivative is being taken (that is , what variable the derivative is being taken with respect to).

Choosing the obvious guess, x, suggests the denominator with a dx^3 term, which would yield an interesting answer: zero.

3 Likes

@beschizza:

Doctor Who is the name of the show; “The Doctor” is the (humanly known) name of the character.

2 Likes

Assuming “d” is an operator and not a variable. I suspect The Doctor is deliberately sowing the seeds of discord!

2 Likes

I doubt his parents were thinking on Earth

The Doctor does bear an uncanny resemblance to the God of Biscuits.

Still more decipherable than an Anthony Braxton song title.

“They’re Dalek bumps.”

1 Like

OMG, or

#Richard E. Grant

Is there a better possible Doctor anywhere?

3 Likes

Well, d by itself usually means the exterior derivative which is the derivative with respect to all of the variables which takes its values in the exterior algebra. Turns out that when you apply it twice, you always get zero. So that third time was just for flair.

1 Like

I thought Jeff was Santa’s real name?

3 Likes

Wait a moment… Have you ever seen Santa and The Doctor in the same room!?

Mind. Blown.

5 Likes

Not only Basil, but Doctor Funkenstein.

Doctor Basil Funkenstein.

6 Likes

It’s prononounced “Funken-STEEN”!

10 Likes

There is only one Dr. Funkenstein…

Accept no clone substitutes.

7 Likes

I had this comic! Just recently I was trying to remember where the who d³∑x² business was from and couldn’t. Actually, I can’t remember anything about these comics, so I should probably check them out again.

1 Like

A little learning is a dangerous thing ;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring :
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.

Alexander Pope.

It doesn’t scan if you say ‘knowledge’.

3 Likes

Damn your eyes!

3 Likes

Was this the one with the blood-bugs?

I’ll stick with Doctor Disco, thanks. Or Doctor Basil John Disco. But shorter is sweeter,

2 Likes