Doctors perform first penis transplant in U.S

:eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant:

7 Likes

Gotta say, a penis with no nerve function doesn’t sound fun at all. I suppose you can write your name in the snow with it, but for sex, a strap on sounds more practical… :-/

2 Likes
1 Like

Yes!

Because Japanese paternity law is not based on DNA or paternity but marriage and recognition. A father of a unmarried woman’s child may choose not to recognize the child. DNA evidence isn’t used to determine paternity in Japan it seems.

Theres legal precedence.

I mean. If someone had Elvis’s schlong, could they have Elvis’s baby in Japan?

I guess that would beg the question… Who’s dong is it? Posthumously bequeathed by law to the next posessor? Is possession 9/10s in Japan?

Can a stolen dong be used to create an heir for a heirless dead billionaire? What if there was a sex tape!? The weirdest grave robbing dong transplanting baby making sex tape ever? It’s arguably proof of paternity due to Japan’s archaic family law.

Sean Connery in… Rising Sun 2. Raising son. Only a elderly Scottish detective with a lisp can solve this bizarre case! He and his one armed chimpanzee Bobo take on the Yakuza, the PC crowd, and agitate the conspiracy theorists - all while proving… That bald guy with a ponytail look isn’t the only downside of being a radically racist aikido master!

1 Like

I saw a mind-blowing example of that the other day… There was some stupid American ‘reality’ show on my gf’s telly, where someone put a mannequin in her housemate’s bed and woke her up with an air horn, and its boobs were pixellated. The camera was staring right up the dummy’s crotch, which wasn’t censored.

Pretty damn odd. It’s almost certain the boobs were just as featureless as the crotch, but some nutjob obviously found rock-hard, nipple-less boob-like objects enough of a turn-on to inspire the bowdlerisation.

Strange and disturbing.

3 Likes

Funny how BoingBoing uses “hack” as a substitute for almost every verb, except not this time. What? No penis hacking?

2 Likes

It was already hacked.

(I’ll see myself out now)

9 Likes

You’re just making it harder for everyone.

7 Likes

Try the Snap-On Tool Co.

2 Likes

There’s the rub.

Ah the joy of reverting to middle-school humor.

5 Likes

They probably had nipples. Pretty sure you can’t even put a crude drawing of nipples on american broadcast TV (outside of maybe PBS). Basic cable follows basically the same rules for reasons (offending advertisers, self-censorship to discourage government regulation, general spinelessness - if you saw a movie on TBS, you haven’t seen that movie).

1 Like

Anyone else think urinary function should be the first priority?

13 Likes

I used to play with a girl when I was a little kid that had exactly this issue. She had had toes transplanted onto arms the must have ended with the carpal bones. They were definitely toes, not just stumpy little fingers. So… The procedure/technique existed (this was back in the late 70’s/early 80’s), but I obviously can’t say if this was the case for the girl you knew. (wouldn’t it be weird if it was the same kid? You didn’t happen to grow up in a So. Cal. south bay beach city around that time period?

1 Like

I want royalties on that!

1 Like

However, [Dr. Dicken!] Ko added that while sexual function is a goal, reproduction is not, because of a concern surrounding the ethical issues of who the potential father may be.

Is this a joke? Who made this up? This wasn’t a testicle transplant, as far I could read.

5 Likes

screw that doc, i want it to look supernatural!!!

4 Likes

hey I know the original article might not have used the right terminology but could you change “gender reconstruction” to “genital reconstruction (for ftm trans people)”? because that’s what it is.
gender isn’t physical. it’s body parts that are physical. just want to avoid that confusion. thanks.
anyway, ftm surgery with real dicks is in our future!! that’s awesome

2 Likes

Shocked this hasn’t been posted yet:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Its Chandler Bing.