Dodger Stadium springs mid-game on-field sewage leak

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/28/dodger-stadium-springs-mid-gam.html

3 Likes

foul territory

ISWYDT.

12 Likes

Go Giants.

16 Likes

That exhibition game turned into a real shitshow.

17 Likes

Yep, that’s pretty much my reaction to Gatorade. The one time i tried it (blechh!).

13 Likes

Guess it was a crappy game.

5 Likes

Bottom of the fifth? More like filth of the bottom, amiright? Hello, is this thing on?

10 Likes

No reason to flush the entire season down the toilet.

7 Likes

As my father would have said - da bums neva shoulda left.
Ebbets_Field_Outside3

13 Likes

That is where da shit usually comes from.

7 Likes

And now we know where it was piped to.

4 Likes

Fifth inning? I thought Puig was a starter.

Wa-waaa

3 Likes

Dodger Stadium is one of the oldest stadia in baseball. Opening in 1962, I believe, only Wrigley Field and Fenway Park are older (I think). Oakland’s stadium also had a similar problem a couple years ago; it opened in the late 60s.

5 Likes

Similar plumbing standards and accretion of “stuff” over time leading to similar outcomes?

2 Likes

Dodgy. (nine characters)

2 Likes

It’s karma, karma I tells ya!! Da bums…

2 Likes

From the book of useless BBS tricks, this works too:

Dodgy. 

(“ ” is the HTML code for a space, which is invisible, but BBS still counts all 6 of those characters. And yes, that means if you did it twice you could make a seemingly empty post, as I will demonstrate by replying to this with one.)

1 Like

1 Like

The 1990 England-Ireland World cup game wasn’t stopped when Gary Lineker had an accidental foul smelling sewage leak on the pitch. This one does sound like it was a bigger problem though.

(Youtube video behind link for obvious reasons, although there isn’t really anything to see)

Shit happens.

1 Like