Dog eats $4000 in cash (video)

Originally published at: Dog eats $4000 in cash (video) - Boing Boing

2 Likes

“I’m an anarchist and I’m here to help.”

5 Likes

is it common to pay contractors that much in cash for work done?

4 Likes

Not in my experience, but I like to have a paper trail and lots of receipts for expensive jobs. :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Veterinarian’s report, day 2: “No change”.

5 Likes

Late Stage Coprolism :poop:

2 Likes

I had my dog eat some money once! We ended up recovering some of it afterwards…

1 Like

Hell, I wish I’d thought of feeding my mutt dollar-bills instead of his 30-a-day Schmacko habit.
Could’a saved a fortune.

Yes, you, ya greedy… grr

3 Likes

So that’s why they claim gold is the safest investment.

1 Like

Easier to clean at the other end?
This is not my idea of money-laundering.
:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I don’t know how common it is, but I have come across contractors who will charge less if you pay cash. Sometimes quite a bit less. I would assume they then aren’t reporting the income. Also, as @PsiPhiGrrrl said, it’s a good idea to have receipts. There are a lot of shady contractors out there, and if you end up having to take legal action, it’s going to be a whole lot easier if you have receipts.

General advice (not legal advice) when you hire a contractor: verify their license by looking up the number with the state, make sure you have a quote in writing, make sure you sign something authorizing specifically all the work that is to be done before they begin, don’t pay 100% up front, don’t pay in cash, get receipts for everything, and don’t rely on verbal anything–communicate by text or email so there’s a record.

4 Likes

If other people’s dogs started pooping money I might not be so fucking aggrevated with them pooping in my yard…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.