Dog fed up with pup's loud squeaky noise properly puts an end to it (video)

Originally published at: Dog fed up with pup's loud squeaky noise properly puts an end to it (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

you must be aware that your links to the tiktok take you to the main page of that person, with maybe dozens of posts, and there’s no way to know which one you’re referring to.

if you can’t link directly to the post ref’d in the article you’re just causing frustration. :frowning:

7 Likes

So, is there an actual, individual link to the video the article mentions?

2 Likes

@davidmcotter @BarchanDunes
But it’s there in the post.

Are you guys using some other view?

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 20.32.47

But the video ended well before we saw whether it was successful or not, or resulted in a protracted tug-o-war.

5 Likes

So this is what I’m seeing on my desktop:

However opening the post in incognito mode does show the video as you have. I think it must be getting blocked by Privacy Badger, since tiktoc is one of the listed offendered being fully blocked for trackers. Perhaps a direct link somewhere in these articles instead of an embedded video player?

8 Likes

I use Brave Browser, with Shields up, and no problem. (Shields is Brave’s protection level. Brave is supposed to be especially good for privacy/tracking.)

5 Likes

Shuddup kid, yer bodderin’ me!

2 Likes

I’m running Privacy Badger and Ublock Origin in Firefox, so that may be my issue.

3 Likes

Same here, and I never know which link to click on because it’s always different depending on the TikTok-er.

3 Likes

snap! I didn’t know you could do that!
also didn’t realize ublock origin was blocking embeds, I thought TikTok forced you to go to their site.

2 Likes

So the bigger dog tries to take the bone from the littler dog. Is there a Part 2 to the video? From what I could see, I am not sure it was to quiet the little dog. It seemed the big dog was just making an effort to get in on the action.

1 Like

Certainly there is no conclusive proof that the squeaking has stopped

5 Likes

As a member of the Union of Scientists, I have to say:
Further study is called for.

5 Likes

kisses kisses next time…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.