Dog-killer Noem tries a new excuse: I was protecting my children

All of our pets were rescues.

When our daughter was a baby, still couldn’t walk, we had rescued a dog that was being abused by 4 guys that shared a house.

Our daughter was playing on the kitchen floor when that dog, totally unprovoked, got up from across the room and attacked her, thank God I was right there and prevented injury.

We had no idea what to do so we called some rescues, one of them said they could find a home with no children.

We couldn’t take a chance with our daughter but we didn’t take it out back and shoot it either

Noem’s not wrong about tough choices but for most of us one of the choices would never be shoot it.

14 Likes

I also don’t buy the “this dog threatened my children” excuse in Noem’s case anyway because if that had been true she would have led with that instead of “he was a shitty hunting dog.”

13 Likes

Maybe it was this Kim?

Or just some random Asian guy who has a great story about this weird woman from South Dakota who wouldn’t stop talking to him about North Korea?

4 Likes

The really baffling part of that theory is that if it were true, why not only double down, but triple down on the story that she needed to kill her dog? Someone slipped that story in, and then you thought, “Oh, that’s pretty cool, actually, I should say I really did that!” Like…there’s not a good out from that version of events.

8 Likes

How many iterations until “the dog shot itself”?

7 Likes

So when her daughter got off the bus and asked “Where’s Cricket?” is was because she was AFRAID of Cricket? I don’t think so. Republicans think that they can literally remake reality by telling lies. Sickening.

9 Likes

Apparently she was the odds-on favorite for Trump’s VP pick in the betting markets until recently:

I wonder how much money could have been made by taking certain positions in the betting market if someone close to her had known in advance that this story was about to come out, or even encouraged her to publish it?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gop-senator-tim-scott-now-favorite-for-trump-vp-pick-after-noem-implodes-3e2f820b

5 Likes
12 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

it’s frequent enough there’s even a website to help avoid those!

i was maybe a little weirded out recently when a friend grabbed for their phone in the middle of the movie we were watching to see whether the dog made it. meanwhile countless people were being mowed down right and left

but it reminded me that even when it’s all fiction, depictions of cruelty can hit harder than depictions of death

7 Likes

8p0df8

6 Likes

She was at a private fund raiser and had this to say.

How much they lie? She’s the one that lied and the dog murdering was a story in her own words.

“Listen, going through hard things, and I’ve been through a few of them — I’m going through one right now, I mean they’re just attacking me like crazy right now,” Noem said, according to an audio recording obtained by POLITICO. “But listen, that’s a good thing. It’s a good thing because it makes you stronger, and it teaches you really what you’re up against, and it makes you recognize how much they lie, how much they will twist, how much they will manipulate. And you just have to be strong and be happy warriors.”

6 Likes

“I mean they’re just attacking me like crazy right now”

ah yes. when simply stating what someone has done is an “attack” because what they did was so obviously wrong.

if she’s curious what being attacked is actually like, she should ask the goat. or the dog.

7 Likes

Or Governor Whitmore.

4 Likes
9 Likes

“Unlike me, Joe’s a fucking pussy! He can’t handle the tough shit you gotta do, like killing puppies! And goats! And, uh, horses!”

8 Likes

“protecting” kids from…a PUPPY??

yeah, right

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.