Dogecoin co-creator slams Musk for being a know-nothing "grifter"

Dogecoin was intentionally created as a joke rather than a serious investment though. Jackson Palmer never pretended otherwise. So I hesitate to call him a “grifter” since he has been pretty up front about his cryptocurrency being a stupid gag from the beginning.

If someone says “the hype around Beanie Babies is so dumb… look, I just made a worthless doll out of a sock to prove my point” and a thousand people step up to say “I will pay you a thousand dollars for that worthless sock doll!” then is the guy who made the sock doll really a “grifter?”

12 Likes

“After years of studying it, I believe that cryptocurrency is an inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology built primarily to amplify the wealth of its proponents through a combination of tax avoidance, diminished regulatory oversight and artificially enforced scarcity.”

I think he’s thinking pretty rationally about it.

4 Likes

Maybe an equivelant name in another language?

Elon comes from the word for Oak Tree. In Irish the equivelant name is Darragh (pronounced Darra). In Welsh its Derwin.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.