Elon Musk has taken to praising himself with burner accounts on his personal social media network

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/20/elon-musk-has-taken-to-praising-himself-with-burner-accounts-on-his-personal-social-media-network.html

12 Likes

Will senpai finally notice senpai!!! /s

19 Likes

Free speech absolutism in action, folks.

31 Likes

Aw, he finally has someone that loves him!

Throw Up Iliza Shlesinger GIF by Iliza

17 Likes

Didn’t he get caught at this at least once already?

14 Likes

18 Likes

I’m reminded of Donald Trump’s alter ego “John Barron”, who lied about Trump’s wealth so that he would get on to the Forbes 400 list.

Incidentally, John is Trump’s middle name, and he later recycled Barron as the given name of his youngest son. Trump’s imagination is truly as rich as his vocabulary.

34 Likes

It’s certainly richer than he is.

30 Likes

I laugh at people who think that Musk is drifting to the far-right. He’s always been there, but now he’s not hiding it, and letting his fash flag fly.

16 Likes

Pictured:Adrian Dittmann. You wouldn’t know him. He lives in Canada.

20 Likes

If he’s using fake-name burner accounts, then yes, he’s still trying to hide it.

4 Likes

So he actually called in to Infowars under that alias, using a voice distortion device? That’s… something.

16 Likes

With luck this will help convince Nissan’s followers to ditch the platform.

Everyone who still uses Twitter is benefiting Musk to some extent. Even those who use it to make fun of him.

16 Likes

Perhaps he used one of the voice changer programs advertised by burner accounts on Xitter.

6 Likes

OMG this is just sad

28 Likes

The first thing i thought was the quote “My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”. I think of it while Twitter crumbles into the vast nothingness of digital hell.

15 Likes

Seems like Musk would be the kind of guy to use a fake name that was an anagram of some dumb phrase or joke, right?

These are some that I found, but it’s probably something else:

Attain Darn Mind
Damn taint drain
Martian Dad in TN
Radiant mind tan

Any other guesses?

5 Likes

…And scrawled beneath, by an oddly similar hand
The words “Ozymandias, I just think you’re grand!”

29 Likes

And below that a mysterious hieroglyph in response

:poop: