Dogecoin co-creator slams Musk for being a know-nothing "grifter"

Originally published at: Dogecoin co-creator slams Musk for being a know-nothing "grifter" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Fanboi: oh, our god-emperor was just pretending not to know how to run Python code as part of his 4-dimensional chess genius.

Palmer fell into this cryptocurrency grifting unintentionally. Leave it to Musk to consult him about how to do it with purpose.

19 Likes

That’s gotta sting, coming from a know-something grifter.

17 Likes

Pot. Kettle. Black. The utter lack of self awareness. Yikes.

4 Likes

Business Insider just reworded the original article, which is much more interesting.

5 Likes

I cant believe it but this raging narcissist just struck close to home yesterday. we have a new born son and my wife is insisting we name him after Elon. She says its a strong successful name and he wont be easily bullied like me. (which I’m not) I really don’t know how to navigate this.

9 Likes

Oof - that is rough man.

What are the other names you are countering with?

You might point out that it is a fad name that is going to sort of “date” him in 20 years.

I remember at one point being hesitant to name my kid Lydia, as it was too old fashioned, worried about it being an odd name etc. But then I realized all kids are getting “odd” or different names. There is a break from traditional names, even having familiar names spelled different. So she really won’t stick out. Then I met my AC/Heating guy’s young daughter, Lydia, and it sealed the deal. And ironically, her first and middle names were traditional and named after her great grandmas.

Anyway - kids are cruel. If people want to pick on your kid, they will. A “strong” name doesn’t help. It is the personality and other traits and how big of a jerk other kids are that determine if they will pick on others or not. Granted some names are easier to rhyme with taunts. I can think of at least one mean/gross thing that rhymes with Elon. But I got taunted with nonsensical words that rhymed. :confused:

Anyway - good luck

8 Likes

Talk her into naming the kid Musk!

Musk: a strong-smelling reddish-brown substance which is secreted by the male musk deer for scent-marking and is an important ingredient in perfumery

A powerful smelling name.

9 Likes

Your contribution made me laugh and is appreciated. but I will not be taking this advice. thank you very much.

11 Likes

Takes one to know one.

2 Likes

Ouch. Might want to point out that even Musk didn’t name his own child Elon. If she counters with “nobody names their child after themselves any more”, say you will settle for X Æ A-12.

4 Likes

dodge coin was created created as a joke it was never meant to compete in crypto
google jackson palmer

4 Likes

Noel has the same letters but is a more normal name?

Baby Elon will get bullied haha

1 Like

He seems to be taking it very seriously now.

Google if people like to lose money.

2 Likes

Interrobang is a nice name.

3 Likes

OUCH.

I suppose if she’s into power then you could always suggest a name associated with a historical conqueror like “Alexander” or “Khan” and then when people asked where you got the idea for the name you could just say “the guy from ‘Hamilton’” or “the girl from ‘Ms. Marvel.’”

7 Likes

‘How do I run this Python script?’

New catchphrase!

8 Likes

monty python GIF

5 Likes

First of all - congratulations on the newborn. Welcome to a whole new life!

Secondly, if you don’t like the name just say you don’t like the name. You don’t have to give a reason, your son should have a name you both feel comfortable with.

5 Likes

How about “Peter”.