Dolly Parton earns rock-star status with 'Rockstar' album

Originally published at: Dolly Parton earns rock-star status with 'Rockstar' album | Boing Boing

10 Likes

GIF by Dolly Parton

16 Likes

As always, Dolly is perfection :heart:

12 Likes

As always, a class act who understands that respect has to be earned – even after it’s thrust upon you.

12 Likes

Absolute national treasure. Hopefully one of these days she’ll feel she can accept a Presidential Medal of Freedom without half the country thinking it means she disagrees with their politics.

9 Likes

…along with posthumous vocals from Ronnie Van Zandt.

5 Likes

“Teach it phenomenology, Doolittle” is a phrase that has been kicking around my brain’s attic for decades.

4 Likes

More Dolly in the world, plz. Thx.

2 Likes

All good, no complaints here, and good for Dolly. But who all’s running this Hall, anyway? Dolly get gets in before the fact (good on her for wanting to earn it), but I mean, how long did it take for Rush to get in there? Any Canadians here, raise your hand, eh?

Kinda wondering if this Hall of Fame is like getting a Star on Hollywood’s walk of fame, you have to buy your way in.

1 Like

Considering Dolly originally turned it down, I’m going to say if that happens at all, it wasn’t in her case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.