Dolly Parton was actually a producer of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/25/dolly-parton-was-actually-a-pr.html

12 Likes

Dolly Parton was THE producer of BTVS.

6 Likes

I never knew Sandollar was Parton’s company.

It’s not quite as wild as when I learned Hedy Lamarr invented spread-spectrum communication, but it’s cool.

17 Likes

This is another venture of hers. The name alone makes me want to go there. A very fine lady indeed.

2 Likes

Apparently they gave Buffy the same birthday as Dolly in tribute to this.

15 Likes

spontaneously starts to sing from “Once More With Feeling”

best episode but you have watch a few seasons leading up to it to “get it”

welp guess I am re-watching the series this lockdown!

7 Likes

I’ve read that part of Dolly’s mass appeal is that she never speaks a bad word of anyone. That, and cosmic talent.

Here’s a good read: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/21/arts/music/dolly-parton.html

7 Likes

She’s a classy lady. And Heartstrings is not so bad either. Really interesting to see contemporary issues treated honestly in the “country music fans” ghetto, via the medium of saccharine feel good made for tv movies. (Not /s! Really!)

1 Like

Cool.

2 Likes

Dolly Parton was actually a producer of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

is it wrong i read that as:

“dolly parton was actually a vampire slayer”

for some reason that made perfect sense to me.

14 Likes

Dollywood is great. I grew up going there and now it has some amazing roller coasters. It’s just a great theme park all around.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least. I can definitely see her as the head Watcher for the Tennessee district.

7 Likes

“I Will Always Love You” is the greatest resignation letter ever penned!

7 Likes

♫ I’ve got a theory. ♪
♫ It could be Dolly. ♪
♫ A country diva… ♪

4 Likes

Her and Abraham Lincoln.

8 Likes

That’s Hedly

11 Likes

1 Like

I am not at all surprised.
That woman defeated “Jolene”. I will always love her.
Now if she could just convince men that wigs are fashion…

2 Likes

Speaking of odd producers, Adam Sandler is producing and directing the Price is Right.

OK, ok, not THAT Adam Sandler.

1 Like

That is interesting to learn. Compare this to Lucille Ball, whose Desilu studio not only served as the home of the original Star Trek, but according to Herbert Solow’s memoir (one of the show runners), Lucille Ball could be found on at least one occasion sweeping one of the sets so that a camera could track smoothly through a scene.

2 Likes