Dominatrix in full BDSM regalia at Florida city commission meeting proposes the county fund a new dungeon (video)

You don’t need windows, so you can save some money right there.

6 Likes

Listen, this is how people trick me into typing out nonsense words like “dominatrixicesopodesii” and I’m not falling for that again!

5 Likes

Really? The city should absolutely divert funds for something everyone in the city can use to something only a few people would enjoy? That’s the best use of city funds? Not keeping the city clean, but pleasuring a few people? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I mean, that is the same thing opponents say when they want to put in a skate park or an expensive ADA option. Not enough people would use/enjoy it.

Though I would agree in this case it’s a lower priority.

1 Like

IIRC Catwoman moonlighted (daylighted?) as a Dominatrix in Frank Miller’s Batman: Year One origin story arc.

2 Likes

Is Parks and Rec getting a reboot on HBOMax and this is the viral marketing?

Because it seems like that’s what’s going on here.

1 Like

I see what you did there. I’m going to retroactively apply that to these three:

5 Likes

No, not really. A skate park or an ADA option (which, is you know, necessary, by law, since the ADA make it illegal to not include accessible spaces) are things that can and will be used by a wide variety of people… a dominatrix dungeon, not so much. And in this case, it was a request for funds earmarked for other things that was being demanded. I’m all for funding for public sexual health education, spaces for the LGBQT+ community, etc, but that is not this. It’s literally a playground for a few people, not for the public in general.

1 Like

Right - but there is something that meets the minimum standard, and things that go above and beyond. People will complain if the nicer option is put forth vs purely compliant one. For example, sanding/cutting down the curbs to make them wheelchair accessible, vs re-doing them and putting those nicer ramps in.

TBF - Dungeons or kink spaces play a role in more ways than one. It isn’t a purely “eyes wide shut” sort of thing. It includes educational classes, demonstrations, and talks, community get-togethers, safe spaces for LGBTQ+ people (especially trans people), and non-kink related social activities. They can also be rented out or host private events that would be safe spaces for specific groups.

I am partly playing devils advocate here, as there is noooo way in Puritanical America there is going to be a city funded kink space in the near future. And you’re right the number of people who would use the space is fairly small and adult oriented, but it wouldn’t only be for latex clad dominatrices (did I say that right?). There would be a much greater variety of people and uses for the space.

You’re right, there are other, more general spaces that should take a priority. But some day, in a more sex-positive world, where those other needs are met, I don’t see a rational reason why it couldn’t some day be “a thing”.

YMMV.

Yes, but I’d argue that divert public funds from other needed projects, which serve the ENTIRE community rather than subset isn’t something that’s necessary. There are plenty of ways to build an inclusive society that doesn’t include diverting funds from projects for all folks to a subset of folks. And no, making the world accessible to the marginalized isn’t that. The way to ensure people into kink are well-represented and supported is to attack puritanical society, and ensure that everyone has the basics covered so they can better explore all aspects of their personality and sexuality. This just comes off as some privileged asshole with a kink seeking to divert funds from other needed projects. If that makes me a prudish asshole, then I guess I’m a prudish asshole…

1 Like

Maybe the best analogy is requesting public funds to build a municipal golf course. Yes, it would help bring an activity normally associated with rich business executives within the reach of a wider public, but most taxpayers would probably prefer the money be spent on something else.

1 Like

Or even more simply: you are never going to get 100% of the public on board with any given expenditure of public funds.

1 Like

A question arises, are they the baddies that want to conquer every week the earth, or are they the heros that want to stop giant lizard-like creatures to eat the Tokyo tower?

Well, she’d get my vote.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.