Dominatrix in full BDSM regalia at Florida city commission meeting proposes the county fund a new dungeon (video)

Originally published at: Dominatrix in full BDSM regalia at Florida city commission meeting proposes the county fund a new dungeon (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Well, you won’t get it if you don’t ask for it.

35 Likes

You can’t fool me - those two in the back are just Daft Punk on their retirement gig.

9 Likes

I’m lowkey impressed with the way city commissioners handled that.

5 Likes

So pleased to see the chyron use the correct pluralization of dominatrix.
Of course, now this is in my head.

EDIT: waaaait… the chyron first uses “three dominatrices” (yay) then switches to “three dominatrix” (boo). Very strange. They must be punished!

12 Likes

Seldom has there been a finer time to revisit my favorite BBS running joke: I believe it’s dominatrixopodes.

22 Likes

ron burgundy GIF

4 Likes

Usually when a Dominatrix asks for something it’s phrased as an unconditional demand rather than a formal request.

I guess it would have been awkward if one of the commissioners was able to get her to back down by invoking a safe word.

22 Likes

Braxton Family Values Drama GIF by WE tv

3 Likes

I hope she is successful in her request and that the entire city council joins the dungeon.

5 Likes

How about just “Dominatrio?”

12 Likes

… the money, or the spanking?

4 Likes

She wasn’t asking, she was telling!

7 Likes

Sounds like an atrium designated for S&M. The Dominatrium

5 Likes

There’s dominatrix, and then there’s “dominatrix-themed Batman villain who might be from outer space”, complete with uniformed minions. Yes, please. This is the cyberpunk future we were promised, not the dull banality of slightly more fuel efficient non-flying cars and whiny billionaire dimwits throwing Tweet-tantrums.

20 Likes

Is 250k really enough to build a proper dungeon? Whips and chains ain’t cheap.

4 Likes

I think that we need to find out about the stuff happening in District 2.

3 Likes

Dominatropodes, actually. :wink:

6 Likes

It would have been interesting if one of those commissioners happened to be a client of hers.

1 Like

Arrested Development GIF

11 Likes