Donald Trump announced he would be indicted today

Plus various penalties for fraud around his “charity” and “university”.

6 Likes

yet another Fake Indictment of your favorite President, me

I’d swear on my copy of “I Am America (And So Can You)” that TFG is now just stealing lines directly from Stephen Colbert’s “Our Cartoon President.”

14 Likes

Well, they could have appropriated the gallows your Very Fine People built on the steps of the Capitol 2.5 years ago and taken care of your justice immediately. But my guess is you’d have complained about that, too.

9 Likes

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

7 Likes

What does he think is the normal timeframe for investigating and prosecuting a former POTUS for major Federal crimes, I wonder?

10 Likes

Coincidence?

7 Likes

This is Tanya Chutkan, the U.S. District Judge who was just assigned to the case. She’s an Obama appointee. I’m sure Trump and his supporters will accept this with all the class and grace we’ve come to expect.

19 Likes

Comedy Central Drinking GIF by Drunk History

3 Likes

Agreed. Harvard Law has produced some stellar legal minds, and plenty of mediocre ones–just like every other institute of higher learning.

5 Likes

One for every medal and bar on his Dictator’s Uniform™

12 Likes

I do feel sorry for Judge Chutkan though. She’s about to become the target of a whole lot of racist and misogynist harassment and probably death threats just for doing her job.

ETA: Reading up on her judicial record. Among other notable cases she ordered the Office of Refugee Resettlement to make abortion services available to all minors in their custody back in 2018 (which is obviously a good thing). So yes, there’s basically a 100% chance the MAGA crowd is going to go apeshit over this appointment. I hope she has good security looking after her.

19 Likes

Yep.

It started with “he will never be impeached” the first time. Then the second time, too.

Then it was “he’ll win in 2020.”

Then when he lost, it was that “he’ll never leave the White House.”

Then, “he’ll never be indicted.”

Well, we’re on indictment #3. It’s pretty safe to ignore the Eeyores.

22 Likes

She’s a Black woman in America who has gotten to a prominent position in her career, so she probably already is… it will just get worse already, though.

11 Likes

She’s a Federal judge presiding over one of the highest profile cases in US history. The US Marshall Service will be all over her 24/7.

10 Likes

Far too many cops were in on January 6 for me to put much faith in her getting adequate protection or wanting to trust them now.

5 Likes

Keep 'em coming, boys. (Boy, the irony of Trump complaining about someone else interfering with an election outcome…)

Still, I can’t help but think: Donald Trump still has a very good chance of being the next president of the United States. (The Aristocrats! America!) I can only hope the ever-increasing weight of legal problems actually starts turning the tide a bit. I know it won’t impact his supporters, but hopefully those swing voters are paying attention… or if they aren’t, there are enough indictments they won’t be able to miss them.

After finding out that Ben Shapiro went to Harvard Law, the shine is definitely off that program for me. Though I suppose, on the other hand, it must be quite a program if they can even educate a complete idiot enough to get a JD.

I’m absolutely certain they will. The amount of “class and grace” we expect is a negative number, of course… but they are very predictable people.

7 Likes

The Marshalls don’t trust the police either. That’s why they are solely responsible for the federal witness protection program.

6 Likes

Weird how the people who are least imperiled always seem to be the ones ready to ‘give up the ghost’ first.

Fuck that noise.

11 Likes

Cops are cops. There were plenty of Marshals at 1/6

4 Likes

Hey now, just cause a guy has Eeyore as his avatar!

4 Likes