Donald Trump calls for termination of U.S. constitution

To build on what @milliefink said a bit more… that’s ignoring the fact that there is meant to be a strong firewall between the DoJ and the President, to ensure that the president doesn’t use it to go after their political enemy, sort of like Trump did?

And there is evidence that the DoJ ARE in fact doing their job and investigating him under Garland. The wheels are turning slowly, but when investigating a politician, especially a former president that still commands a large following within his political party, you want to ensure that the case is absolutely air-tight, to avoid charges of being a political witch-hunt. And yes, his followers will say so anyway, but that’s not the people he needs to convince…

It’s not his job. He’s not the head of the DoJ, he’s the POTUS. :woman_shrugging:

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

24 Likes

Yah. While it would have been immensely, viscerally satisfying for Biden to invoke all the shady natsec powers allowed by PATRIOT act and have the entire Trump clan and their crowd of cronies black-bagged and vanished into Gitmo, it would really be extremely, incredibly bad for America and the world.

18 Likes

nope. it’s whether i trust dictators or the rule of law in a democracy.

i don’t completely trust the latter, but it’s a heck of a lot better than the former.

we will see. i still think the current process beats tanks in the street.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/22/politics/supreme-court-clears-way-for-house-to-get-trumps-taxes/index.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-special-master-struck-down-by-appeals-court/ar-AA14NU2t

19 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

19 Likes

Hey, “destroying the town to save it” worked out so well in Vietnam. /s

14 Likes

I love how the trumpers are soiling themselves over this.

1 Like

He’ll keep the Second Amendment, once someone points out to him that it’s part of the Constitution.

5 Likes

This isn’t even about TFG anymore, it’s about his vile, cowardly GOP enablers.

13 Likes

doctor who GIF

It kind of always has been, though. If they didn’t support his candidacy and back him because they saw him as helping them to “win” then we wouldn’t be here. But they’ve been using racist dog whistling in their attempt to win over the white, male working class for so long, this embracing his more openly racist, fascist worldview was not much of a step too far for them. It was merely bringing the already existing margin of the conservative movement into the mainstream…

20 Likes

Right-wingers: “I am a Second Amendment fundamentalist!”
Right-wingers (later): “JUST KIDDING! I never cared about the Second Amendment at all. I just want to kill somebody. So, whatever it takes, you know.”

27 Likes
14 Likes

14 Likes

I agree this is really the beginning of some serious tail consumption, b/c he’s pissed on the one thing both the mainstream GOP and QQP cling to in order to justify some their most ridiculous and hypocritical arguments, the constitution. Not to mention the massive wrench TFG’s thrown into the upcoming GOP house majority, pitting the fringe cultists against mainstream GOP. This will continue to be a shit show as Trump goes down.

7 Likes

I would love to see this, especially Marge and Boebert, I’ll bet the big words would give them trouble or even the easy words.

10 Likes

MTG reads aloud: “Congreff shall pass no law…what the hell is congreff??”

31 Likes

It was actually done during Trump’s time and multiple right-wing sites called the text subversive…until someone pointed out what it was they were reading.

Just because they audibly convey the words doesn’t mean they will act on them. I mean, they’re actively against 3 of the things in the preamble, much less the rest of the document.

19 Likes

from 2011

A performative utterance then and now, but the next congress will be one of those do nothing bodies, so II guess it’s fitting.

13 Likes

http://www.thesneeze.com/2005/steve-dont-eat-it-vol-8.php

4 Likes

Don’t be silly, there is no such word. It was spelled Congreſs.

You know: one Congref, two Congrefs.

Extra points if they have internalised enough orthography to change it to “congreves” while they’re saying it.

13 Likes

keep that liver transplant handy

9 Likes