Donald Trump indicted

'Bout time.

Also:

20 Likes

It won’t be long now before he begins to lean hard into the dementia, as a way to avoid prison. Expect to see him pushing a walker within weeks.

18 Likes

And the obligatory walker.

11 Likes

She’s leaving the team to go spend less time with her family?

11 Likes

The Gong Show on the TV is:

Natasha Lyonne Perfection GIF by Team Coco

9 Likes

elderly the sopranos GIF

1 Like

Can you imagine the court appointed expert medical witness testifying: “yes, your honor, it really does look like those little mushrooms in Mario Brothers.”

5 Likes

I dunno… this is a guy who has shown time and time again that his ego is stronger than his sense of self-preservation.

21 Likes

My thoughts exactly; his hubris is far too immense to feign frailty…

20 Likes

To be fair… that was an arrest, not an indictment… :woman_shrugging:

I’m actually a bit disappointed that Manhattan beat my neighboring county to the punch…

21 Likes

There’s always tomorrow.

I’m holding my breath and hoping this is the spark that finally gets the whole powder keg going…

28 Likes

I can’t believe he posts on that site literally in all caps, like an angry old man who just learned about email.

22 Likes

Aren’t we all celebrating too soon? An indictment is not the same thing as a conviction. I would hope trump couldn’t be re-elected but I didn’t think he could be elected the first time and Biden is screwing up horribly lately. And of course if he gets elected he will immediately pardon himself and all of his friends and the people already in jail for jan 6 related crimes…

1 Like

We are aware. And we are also aware that even with a conviction it seems like a long shot to hope for any significant amount of prison time.

Still, any day when Trump gets the “no one is above the law” treatment is a day worth celebrating. Especially if the other criminal investigations he’s involved in end up resulting in additional indictments.

25 Likes

As expected.

4 Likes

I want to believe this is good news, but I no longer have a lot of hope.
I suspect this is going to get very ugly.
Ugh.

4 Likes

witch hunt? does this means we get to see whether he floats?

22 Likes

Among other things, I’m using the proceedings go gauge TFG’s actual net worth, using the handy guideline from The Beaverton (like The Onion, but Canadian). This was in relation to the classified documents raid, so remove “Federal”:

Being held accountable by federal government clear proof that Trump is not a real billionaire

“The raid proves he’s not a billionaire. If he’s arrested it means he’s not even a hundred millionaire. But if he’s convicted? Wow. That would mean he’s worth like 20 million max”

So by that (admittedly satirical) measure, he’s down below 100 Million net worth, with is interesting.

16 Likes

Things may well get ugly, but the negative consequences of holding Trump legally accountable for his actions are never going to be worse than the negative consequences of absolving him of accountability would be.

24 Likes

I suggest they consult with some Disney lawyers in preparation for the trial, just in case. :mouse:

6 Likes