Steel barricades outside Manhattan Criminal Court spark speculation

Originally published at: Steel barricades outside Manhattan Criminal Court spark speculation | Boing Boing

11 Likes
56 Likes

36 Likes

I’d willingly pay for a ticket to watch the DJT perp-walk.

29 Likes

I’m of the firm opinion they could probably get rid of the national debt if they sold tickets.

33 Likes

21 Likes

I would cut off a finger for the privilege.

Maybe Trump and his lawyers were planning to bike to his surrendering to authorities, and they just wanted to make sure they had enough bike racks.

7 Likes

the conservatives have demonstrated that it is not bad form to chant “lock him up”

26 Likes

He told his supporters to protest so they have to be prepared. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be arrested though.

I’m certain he won’t be arrested tomorrow because his post was in response to media reports. If he was going to be arrested it would be by appointment so he would know about it.

16 Likes
18 Likes

What nightmare is this AI-generated image thinking of? Look at those hands!
BTW, I keep dreaming of a scenario where one of the cops taking Trump into custody starts shouting, “Stop resisting!” and follows up in the usual way.

23 Likes

Surely “steel barricades” are a feint for bringing the blob in the back(way)? As utter pessimism tends to dance upon my cortex, why shouldn’t we assume: he’ll end up being fined $7million, which he’ll delay all the way to the supreme court if allowed, or be paid for by russian oligarch pocket change if not allowed that endless delay, all the while shouting endlessly victim-hood to his moronic minions?

21 Likes

Gonna need a bigger bag…

popcorn

19 Likes

dance brings GIF

So what day do I book my bus ticket to the city?

13 Likes

Apparently online Q-world denizens are talking about blocking the courthouse, blocking all roads and bridges into NYC (pfft, it’s called rush hour), and building a “Patriot Moat” human shield around Mar-a-Lago.

I’d say go for it. They have no idea how much work that will be, or how long they’ll be there protecting their chosen man-baby deity. You think he’s gonna foot the bill for all your lost pay and Uber Eats food on the picket line?

34 Likes

Yeah, I’m think he’s been asked to testify to the Grand Jury and he’ll do the usual 5th. It’s just in his Adderall addled brain he’s gone full paranoid so he thinks he’ll be arrested on the spot.

I’ll be happy if I’m wrong. I’ll be even happier if there would be a perp-walk. The country deserves it. I think it needs it.

20 Likes

IANAL, but, and this may be a stupid question, surely ALL prosecutions are selective? Inasmuch as, you select people who have broken the law, then prosecute them for it, yes?

15 Likes

The truth of the claim varies widely; but the implication of ‘selective’ is generally that the target has been picked out of a larger group of as-guilty-or-guiltier options, who are being ignored or treated as low priority, for reasons unrelated to the crime itself.

In this case it’s hard to take the claim that someone is being over punished because of who they are seriously; but it’s entirely possible in principle to have an environment that makes lots of things technically crimes while only following up on people you don’t like.

15 Likes

I thought as much.

2 Likes

I assume that the fascists will suspend being in favor of vehicular homicide against pesky demonstrators for the duration of the ‘patriot moat’ procedure?

15 Likes