Donald Trump is America's first white president

Obvious photoshop! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

… And so the most powerful country in the world has handed over all its affairs—the prosperity of its entire economy; the security of its 300 million citizens; the purity of its water, the viability of its air, the safety of its food; the future of its vast system of education; the soundness of its national highways, airways, and railways; the apocalyptic potential of its nuclear arsenal—to a carnival barker who introduced the phrase grab ’em by the pussy into the national lexicon. It is as if the white tribe united in demonstration to say, “If a black man can be president, then any white man—no matter how fallen—can be president.” And in that perverse way, the democratic dreams of Jefferson and Jackson were fulfilled.

The attacks on Barack and Michelle Obama went far lower and cruder than anything I’d ever witnessed before, and centered on them not being white. The Preseidency (in capital letters) thus being fouled by racist banter as the establishment had never allowed before dovetailed neatly into the long game of neoliberals to cut down or pulp The State. Once sullied, it was plausible to hand over The Nation to someone whose ilk used to could never move past the state government.

8 Likes

In my view, all of everything is a product of a single consciousness, One which has spawned quite a number of subroutines, including both ourselves, and the “reality” we inhabit. Digital physics meets New Age meets nondualism, in a nutshell. But that’s a conversation for another day… :wink:

1 Like

I am a solipsist with no self belief. :wink:

1 Like

Once told a professor that I was doing my paper on solipsism

but I couldn’t find any outside sources

he just glared at me

9 Likes

That deserves more than a like. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Ah…the mind of Ta’Nehisi Coates explains all, especially how a black president is wholly responsible for the election of Donald J. Trump. I am also impressed by the legions of white folks who accept all that Coates’ pens as gospel and accepts that they, as white folks, deserve to suffer pain and humiliation again and again! Coates’ is as much of a charlatan as Trump. Coates’ is a race provocateur and you white folks just can’t swallow the swill he spews fast enough. I wonder how his genius will be perceived in ten, twenty years? Coates’ and his intellectualization of race in everything American is a sad commentary of of black man embraced by the white intelligentsia as the one black man that holds the key to all black experience!

Yeah…

I’m Black and no one here ever said or even implied that he speaks for all of us.

Furthermore the point of the article is not “it’s all Obama’s fault!”; the point is that systemic racism, classicism and collective cognitive dissonance IS.

Nice deflection attempt though; it smacks of trying to shame an audience that you perceive as being afflicted by White guilt.

12 Likes

The funny thing to me about “MAGA” is that Ronald Reagan, and Bill and Hillary Clinton campaigned on this slogan (although the Clintons didn’t use it as an official slogan, it was part of their rhetoric).

45 can’t even come up with an original catchphrase. Yet now he literally owns the registered trademark on it.

6 Likes

ds9-sisko-eyeroll

9 Likes

Does he have anything lined up for make America white again?

6 Likes

That’s implied.

3 Likes

Yes it is. I stated it rhetorically for the nuance challenged.

4 Likes

I certainly wouldn’t claim that Coates is the one voice of black America, nor as a white person (so far as that has any meaning) do I see his analysis as a reason to “suffer pain and humiliation again and again.” I just found it to be an insightful and well-written piece that sketched in a link between the economic insecurity of Il Douche’s spite-voter supporters across all classes and their racism, in part involving the backlash against an African-American member of the nation’s elite social class attaining the Oval Office.

I’m not sure how any rational person of any race who’s been paying attention for the last year and a half can deny that racism has played a part in the election and the events that followed, and Coates goes one step further by accurately discussing the “why” and “how” of the matter and by establishing the history of how they came about.

Putting aside your straw man of the white-guilt afflicted liberal, perhaps you might critique the essay itself. Why exactly do you consider it “swill”? What do you think is the problem with undertaking an intellectual examination of anti-black racism as a core malaise in American history and culture?

10 Likes

No one actually said that or believes that. It’s just @aswienckowski attempt to discredit this conversation.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.