Donald Trump Jr. texted Mark Meadows with scheme to overturn election: "We control them all"

This is a pivotal moment in US history. If at least one Trump doesn’t get put away for sedition/treason/something, then the system has lost so much legitimacy that it may never recover.

35 Likes

Can somebody please explain why we have yet to issue any indictments against the Trumps?

13 Likes

Only, this creates a Democratic establishment whose careers depend entirely on having fascists to run against, and who see their job as to condemn Republican fuckery, but also to actively let it happen. It’s good for them when Republicans steal a Supreme Court seat, or threaten to overthrow the government, because Republicans doing bad stuff is their whole platform. They certainly aren’t offering universal healthcare or student loan relief or reduced military spending or police accountability or anything they think Republicans wouldn’t like.

In the eighties, “voting blue no matter who” meant keeping out Reagan Republicans at all costs. Today, it means voting for Reagan Republicans with a (D) after their name. By 2050, Pod Save America will be scolding the left for not supporting MAGA candidates.

As a strategy, it keeps the fascists out today by promising to let them have their turn tomorrow. To actually change direction, you have to be willing to not vote for Democrats who refuse to represent you. If you don’t want that to open the door to fascists, then get involved earlier and vote against them in primaries. But you do have to vote against them at some point.

11 Likes

For the love of God why are these seditious motherfuckers not locked up?

20 Likes

Seriously? I’m sure trotting out the same tired insults for almost half of the party is a great way to win over voters.

10 Likes

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

“Don’t vote for the opposition to fascists because it will make them dependent on fascists?” That’s some serious zero-dimensional checkers, there.

25 Likes

You do know the slide to the right is because of elections the Republicans win, not ones the Democrats do, right? I wish before Americans dismissed the value of voting in the lesser evil, they would actually try doing it for a couple elections in a row.

26 Likes

Yeah, I mean, the Hunter Biden witchhunt is in full rotation at Focks/NewsLacks/OMGAN.

Imagine if Hunter was badgering Biden’s chief of staff, on policy matters at that, on insurrection matters at that.

I doubt if Hunter Biden even has current WH chief of staff Ron Klain’s direct telephone number.

(So, now its Don, Jr. and Ginni Thomas-- does any one who’s actually authorized to call Meadows ever call Meadows?)

12 Likes

people used to say the same thing about deep south georgia - and look at it now. good organization helps. (and in states where “the republicans always win” voters supporting them are pretty apathetic too, because they think victory is inevitable )

that tweet makes me wonder. how can anyone support the trumps when they can’t even steal an election properly? they had one job – with “total leverage” – and they failed. totally incompetent buffoons if you ask me

19 Likes

This is why I keep voting. Hope springs eternal. It’s hard to stay positive though. I moved 9 miles, crossed a county line, and I’m now in WI congressional district 5, created for the sole purpose of cutting out Madison and Milwaukee progressives and carving out a district that will vote right wing in perpetuity.

Of course that’s nothing compared to the state legislative district map, which is much worse and much more important to me personally.

https://ballotpedia.org/Wisconsin_state_legislative_districts

12 Likes

Did Junior have an actual job in the administration (aside from hereditary and unpaid Piss Boy)?

Seems to me he’s basically nobody. Which is his best defense and profoundly true.

13 Likes

I don’t think those words mean what he thinks they mean.

8 Likes

Your vote still helps progressives point out the fundamental problem with Wisconsin-style gerrymandering, where 60% of the vote is Dem and they only get 40% of the seats.

18 Likes

Maybe Fredo should be left in ‘operational control’ of a mickey mouse nightclub.

6 Likes

Well, this frames the entirety of American politics as a menu with a single option – “fascism” – which the people around the table can take or leave. While it’s individually satisfying not to order the fascism, you’re still sat at a table where fascism is the only dish that shows up.

To put it another way, the problem is that Democrats aren’t the opposition, and they never will be if the only voters they fear are Republicans. Like I say, the ideal place to make them fear you is in primaries (where a Democrat always wins). But if you give them your unconditional support, you’re just telling them to ignore you and chase voters to your right.

Republicans win by moving to the right, whereas Democrats win by moving to the right. They call it “the ratchet.”

Republicans aren’t going to stop moving to the right, but the failure of Democrats to pull left over the last 50 years is the part of the system that could be fixed.

6 Likes

Again, not voting for Dems doesn’t solve the problem of fascists, today, it makes it worse.

Alternatively, crush the fascists and that makes room for progressives and actually voting for better Democrats, Dem-Soc, etc.

When you’re not on the kill lists, it’s easy to speak in hypothetical ideals. Less so when you and the people you love are the ones being eliminated today.

19 Likes

You’re saying that as though it’s not actually the case…

6 Likes

6 Likes

More like amoral high AF on coke ground.

19 Likes

If “we” don’t want another Hillary debacle, “we” better never nominate another Hillary

and if “we” want Bernie Bros to vote for “our” candidate, “we” better nominate Bernie

Voters don’t owe “us” anything

11 Likes