Donald Trump says he will take NBC and other news outlets off the air if he wins in 2024

Originally published at: Donald Trump says he will take NBC and other news outlets off the air if he wins in 2024 | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Does he think airwaves exist and are leased?

Rainbow Thumbs Down GIF by Mind Pump Media

19 Likes

the LameStream Media will be thoroughly scrutinized for their knowingly dishonest and corrupt coverage of people, things, events, woman, man, camera, and television.

25 Likes

The fact Donald Trump is still alive and making statements like this should be considered sufficient proof that the CIA or other agency did not assassinate JFK, MLK Jr., etc…

Because if Biden or some “deep state” organization really could direct the government to assassinate influential people, he would have been taken out by now.

28 Likes

The USA is slow-walking towards January 1933.

29 Likes

NBC’s article about this will have Trump’s threats in the first two paragraphs, then fill up the next two pages saying Biden is too old for the White House.

32 Likes

“what, there are amendments other than the second? I thought that was the only one?!?”
/s

10 Likes

The Second Amendment; so good they named it twice!

4 Likes

Fixed it for you :wink:

29 Likes

Threatening to investigate them if he WINS sounds like a surefire way to keep the “lamestream” media covering all Trump’s crimes and doing their best to keep him from winning.

More evidence the man is a moron, and increasingly finds himself backed into a corner.

14 Likes

But they can’t do that, it’ll look biased /s

16 Likes

It’s past time to take grandpa’s phone away.

15 Likes

Every time I watch Fox News I get upset too.

5 Likes

Well if that’s not explicitly one of the 14 steps on the road to an outright fascist authoritarian regime, it should be added. (Although it is implicit in some of them.)

But broadcast spectra are licensed, which - for Trump’s three brain cells, at least - is a pretty good approximation of a ‘lease’.

5 Likes

MSNBC can’t be taken off “the airwaves” because it’s on cable. It isn’t regulated by the FCC or anyone else.

10 Likes

The lengths to which some will go to be “fair” is mind-boggling.

In a world of both sides hacks, I’d like to see more journalists commit to the Amanpour approach.

His phone and hopefully his freedom. Enough is enough.

19 Likes

As fruitless as it is sure to be, clearly the next step is to ask him if he intends (whether possible or not) to try and repeal the first amendment that protects NBC and the others from his stated actions. He can rail all he wants, but usually flails when asked for specifics.

Not that his likely non-answer would change anything at all, but it’s sometimes fun to watch the ignorant asshat squirm.

6 Likes

And referring to one of my previous posts…

• Call Putin for more helpful advice? :heavy_check_mark:
12 Likes

My much-better-than-me partner made the same suggestion for an edit. Bravo! :wink:

2 Likes

Except for NBC’s O&O stations, NBC doesn’t hold the broadcast licenses. The station owners hold those.

4 Likes