Dictator Trump says CNN and NBC "should have their licenses taken away" (video)

Originally published at: Dictator Trump: CNN and NBC "should have licenses taken away"

4 Likes

Trump’s inner fascist has been his outer fascist for quite a while now.

24 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN28257441/

15 Likes

I guess he doesn’t realize that you don’t “license” cable channels. In fact the FCC has basically no jurisdiction over cable networks, only cable providers. The FCC only licenses channels that use public airwaves.

But since when did facts matter to Trump and his minions?

21 Likes

lion king GIF

11 Likes

The press should start printing his batshit crazy scripts in their entirety instead of cherry picking the most legible sound bite for safe consumption.

Not holding my breath.

18 Likes

Scared 'till November.

(I hope)

7 Likes

It sounds demented, of course, but I’m sure the Project 2025 gang is hard at work figuring out a way to make it happen.

At least MSNBC is finally wising up.

10 Likes

It seems to align with his past statements, though. I’ve been saying for a while now that the MSM seems to be trying to enable their own demise. Regulatory policy and the rule of law mean nothing to a dictator. After nationalization of the entire industry, does a despot need more than one news channel, newspaper, radio station, and social media platform? :woman_shrugging:t4:

9 Likes

4 Likes

It won’t matter as much who goes into the windowless vans with bags over their heads, only that the vans stay full

7 Likes

Their model in regard to media and culture is less Kim and more Putin/Surkov. They’ll allow multiple news outlets to exist, even some criticism of the regime, as long as they don’t cross certain well-understood lines. That resulted in a lot of self-censorship by news outlets in Russia after Putin took power.

That rotten bargain fell apart along with the regime’s larger bargain with the citizenry (“you let us steal, we don’t interfere in your personal lives”) once they invaded Ukraine, but it operated for more than a decade. I can see American corporate outlets entering into a similar modus vivendi, since there are already certain topics they avoid discussing head-on.

4 Likes

tumblr_pmcsem2I8F1r7qfb9o1_540

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.