Donald Trump says his own 100-day plans are "ridiculous standards" to be held to

Contracts? He can’t read them, so it would be difficult for Trump to care about something he has no comprehension of.

3 Likes

Oh. I thought he was taking credit for South Carolina’s revised bathroom bill.

2 Likes

Does it matter to the typical Trump voter?

Probably to some of them, but there will always be at least 30% of voters who don’t care that he moved (or tore down) the goalposts, who will buy into any excuse he or the conservative echo chamber comes up with.

What can you possibly say about Trump touting his Supreme Court judge as a victory, when A.) the GOP refused to allow Obama’s Supreme Court nominee to even be considered, and B.) Trump’s nominee was forced through with a rule change by the GOP so Democrats couldn’t filibuster. It sets the bar pretty low for “victory”, like changing a basketball free throw to 3-points, then allowing Trump to use a ladder placed next to the hoop.

5 Likes

Because unlike business, I can’t just tell everyone what to do and they do it.

1 Like

What if this was his plan all along once he got the job he didn’t really want anyways?

Get elected, and then just sort of go on cruise control while making a lot of sound and thunder, but not doing much.

He’s 70 years old, so this could be (wait for it)…

Senioritis.

2 Likes

The problem is that when he DOES do anything remotely ‘effective’ (as in simply having an effect upon the world) it serves more to be utterly debilitating to one thing or another while serving corporate interests everything they want on a silver platter.

3 Likes

Is this because they want to vote for him again, or because they want to vote him out? One can hope the latter, but I doubt it.

1 Like

What else would a grifter say when he doesn’t deliver on his own promise? And the 40% of the electorate who are his marks will find a way to believe him rather than admit they’re suckers.

4 Likes

The mean old press is out to get him by reminding him of the stuff he said. And now he’s apparently skipping the White House Correspondents Dinner so he can have another one of those rallies organized specifically to stroke his fragile ego.

8 Likes

I’m 100% sure there are people claiming it’s due to “democrat obstruction” despite the fact they’re not the ones with the majority.

7 Likes

They voted for him the first time.

I’m pretty sure you can’t fix that kind of stupid/evil.

2 Likes

Is ANYONE going to the correspondents dinner?

3 Likes

It’s cute that they still think that 45 cares about them.

5 Likes

There’s a thread from this week over on Reddit’s r/Conservative that is pretty interesting.

2 Likes

It mystifies me that 4chan and Reddit complain about each other when they literally say the exact same garbage.

3 Likes

Yup - I’ve seen people blame the Democrats for his failure to enact his broken health care reform. (Although that was perhaps because he blamed them for his failure…) You’d think no one would be that absurd, but… Trump supporters.

2 Likes

Conservative-right news outlets should definitely be there, and given the outlets that have already backed out and those talking about backing out, the right press should have the front tables all to themselves.

1 Like

I though he would be shit, and he’s managed to be worse than that.

That’s a kind of exceeding expectations, isn’t it?

12 Likes

It’d be nice if there was one good thing that resulted from the presence of the apricot pol pot (ht @manybellsdown).

1 Like

9 Likes