Trump's Newsmax meltdown appears drug-fueled

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/05/trumps-newsmax-meltdown-appears-drug-fueled.html

12 Likes

Is he threatening to jail Joe Biden’s wife, or his own? Is this rant related to why Melania’s been out of the public eye since his last trial started?

17 Likes

I think he means Hillary Clinton because he said “…the president’s wife and the former secretary of state…” But it’s hard to be sure because he’s a blathering dotard.

35 Likes

Yeah that was my take as well. He meant Hillary, but he didn’t want to use her name for some reason. Which…it actually just occurred to me what the reason is. He forgot her name. He literally forgot her name, because he has dementia, and so he called her the President’s wife and Secretary of State. I don’t think this is Adderall induced. I think it’s a sign of dementia. I listened to several clips of the interview. Mostly, it was just garden variety insane nonsense from Donald Trump. The same stuff we’ve been hearing for years. The weird part to me was not using Hillary’s name. There are some of the clips at this Yahoo article, if anyone wants to watch them. They are Xitter videos, though, so…use at your own risk

32 Likes

Which is especially hilarious, because Bill Clinton hasn’t been president for nearly 24 years. “The President” usually refers to the current sitting president. He’s regressed so far he thinks Clinton is in office.

19 Likes

Well he keeps thinking he’s running against Obama, and if the dementia is progressing, that’s not really surprising to me.

27 Likes

Also, even if Hillary was to go to jail for some never-clearly-articulated charge connected to her campaign or her time as Secretary of State then that would be a crime unconnected to her status as the wife of a former President.

15 Likes

“philippic”

Very nice to learn a new word!

13 Likes

Melania IS already in prison… of a sort.

21 Likes

I think you’re right. I’m a little younger than Trump and not nearly as stressed, but when I can’t bring someone’s name to mind or tongue I utter associated terms until either I or my listener can come up with the name. Sadly, many of us oldsters develop language problems, but few of us will try to revenge ourselves on the general public for it.

28 Likes

Trump asked for blood tests for Biden prior to their upcoming debate, but AFAIK did not think it necessary to offer to do one himself.

19 Likes

Of course. He accused Biden of being on drugs, after all. Every accusation by this scumbag is a confession.

36 Likes

Whether it’s drugs, dementia or both at once, it’s great to see him going downhill so speedily. It really looks like that trial and guilty verdict took a toll on him. Given his more serious trials have been delayed to a dangerous degree and the chances of seeing him in jail before the election are low, my current hope is that he checks out permanently some time in the early autumn. The Republicans have put all their eggs in one bloated orange basket and become 100% a cult of personality around Trump. If he’s gone around that time they’ll have no hope of rustling up a viable candidate before November.

21 Likes

6a0105369e6edf970b01b8d245f4e6970c-800wi

20 Likes

The unfortunate thing is, being rid of Trump won’t rid us of his toxicity. We may be lucky enough that no one will be immediately able to take up his position – most of his leading henchmen are notably devoid of his charisma. (Although RFKJr might be the next strongman we get.) But the magats will be enraged and a lot of them will act out, and the conspiracy theories will be thick enough to choke off rational thought.

18 Likes

A little breathing room in 2025 can fix some gaping holes in US democracy, though. Pack SCOTUS, pass voting rights acts, pass DC and possibly Puerto Rican statehood, just to rattle off a few.

33 Likes

The Nazis won’t vanish overnight if Trump dies, but losing the head of their cult and losing the election would certainly be a good start. I’m not sure how a country ever recovers from 1/3 of its voters being open, proud fascists. Maybe it doesn’t, at least not peacefully. But one step at a time, you know? Anything that could extend that fuse further away from the dynamite gives us more time to potentially avert the explosion.

25 Likes

It’s more than a little disturbing to me. Enough people are willing to prop him up in front of the nuclear launch codes … again.

12 Likes
9 Likes

I suspect he really is a teetotaler, in the sense he doesn’t drink any alcohol. But yeah, who knows what mixture of semi-legal pills he’s hopped up on.

10 Likes