Donald Trump was paid $61,045 in "consulting fees" by his own company while in office

I’m always surprised that his corruption involves such small sums. Granted, $60K is not small to you or me, but when you’re the president your opportunities for grift must be nearly unlimited. Yet everything seems to be relatively small-scale: a few hundred thousand here, a million there. Sure, it all adds up, but you’d think that Trump of all people would quickly get impatient and want to go straight to the Big Score. Do you think he’s waiting for his second term to really open the throttle or is there already some giant transfer of funds from the public purse to his pockets that just hasn’t been reported yet?

All this makes me feel like he’s def not even close to a billionaire. He’s pulling sketchy shit over what would be a rounding error of $.61 to a normal person compared to a billionaire. Or even a 100 millionaire (is that a thing?).

2 Likes

The $175 million hidden away in that Chinese bank account (the one he reported to the IRS as having less than $2,000) seems like a not-insignificant score to me. But what do I know? That’s probably not even enough for the yacht he wants.

2 Likes

That is a proper motorsports/self-driving/entrail-examination fee. (Also, I’m reading it that way because something has to get the guts out.) I’m in for a fiver if you add hungry weasels, though it’s noncommensurate. HOW CAN PLENTYOFCHUM.COM NOT BE REGISTERED? Sorry.

3 Likes

US political players have always been available at very low prices. Bribing pols in Latin America and Eurasia usually costs much more. Ours are bargains.

1 Like

Maybe they should consider privatizing that? They could put out bounties to private law firms willing to undergo the risks in order to get a share of the recovered money?

I think you’ve just identified one area where the GOP wouldn’t embrace privatization. The whole point of the budget cutting is to make audits on the rich less likely. If you incentivized lawyers to go after rich people, you’d get more audits. Or maybe not with lawyers-- there is a conflict of interest. Their biggest clients are the ones who would get audited.

1 Like

superGenius

Much graft has been reported on, but it will take months for one dedicated journalist or IRS analyst to sift through the last 4 years to compile a tally of the full depth and breadth of the take.

I doubt it’s enough to save him from his $400M +/- personal loans from “banks” un-named, though.

1 Like

Where can I buy this t-shirt?

1 Like

My President, the grifting grifter caught grifting again? No news here.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.