Did RNC pay $94,800 to Books-a-Million to goose Don Trump Jr.'s 'Triggered' book sales?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/21/did-rnc-pay-94800-to-books-a.html

3 Likes

Well, of course. No one believed his high sales figures were based on real people buying the book, did they? The Trumps are never honest.

17 Likes

Real people buying this piece of shit door stop? Yeah, no. His base (his dad’s base) doesn’t read any more than he does.

19 Likes

Purpose of disbursement: donor memos. lol.

Mementos, it says.

8 Likes

You just reminded me that I wish I could wake up every day and forget Trump existed. But then again, it would be bad for my health to be continually surprised by the news.

I would hate to have to get a tattoo that said, “Trump is President. Go back to bed.”

20 Likes

Method “X” on how to openly launder bribes to Trumps and get away with it.

12 Likes

Using the Dianetics method of book sales…

8 Likes

SY500

3 Likes

Hell if I’m gonna do a better job for this smarmy asshole.

6 Likes

vs the fate of the rest of the books.

6 Likes

Trick question, right?

4 Likes

As seen here.

6 Likes

Is this nepotistic beneficiary the spawn who complains about Biden’s son getting job offers? Or am I thinking of the other one?

11 Likes
5 Likes

I wonder if BAM gave them a discount. I mean, $100K at full retail would get about 3K copies, not nearly enough to get the #1 spot on the NYT list, even it were all posted on one day. Maybe it would bump you up one or two spots, depending on what the competition was. But that’s the Trumps for you, corrupt, but not even very good at it.

(I should say that I’m sitting here with the Bookscan window open, so I can see what’s being reported. This week’s sales, not nearly as good as last week!)

4 Likes

RNC: “Sure, we bought them all at once, but it wasn’t a ‘bulk purchase’ because… ummm… We stand by our previous statement.”

8 Likes

Good. Let them blow dollars on trump jr’s lame book. Faking one more thing like sales won’t convince any voters to vote for him. Jr didn’t write the book anyway - you know there was a ghost writer.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine there’s all that much overlap between the kind of people who care what Donald Trump Jr. has to say and the kind of people who like to read books.

10 Likes

There isn’t enough alcohol in the world for that poor writer.

6 Likes

I’m sure that there must be a hell of a non-disclosure clause in the contract.

3 Likes