Holy crap! Trump now selling bibles

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/holy-crap-trump-now-selling-bibles.html

10 Likes

Only if it’s the “sinner’s Bible.”

10 Likes

The fact that Trump doesn’t spontaneously combust when he puts his hand on a Bible pretty much proves that there is no God.

34 Likes

It’s not just a Bible, it’s a special edition American Nationalist Bible that also includes the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights! (Really.)

Something about making a book that combines a Bible with other unrelated documents just feels vaguely sacrilegious to me…

dr-strangelove-phrasebook

34 Likes

“And for the low, low additional cost of $100 you will get a copy signed by TFG himself.”
/s (but maybe not)

13 Likes

Or, if you can’t afford the extra $100 for Trump’s signature, $40 extra will get you one signed by Jesus.

19 Likes

It panders to people who believe that the Bible is the foundation of American law and gives them bogus evidence for their belief.

15 Likes

And it’s a King James Version of the Bible. With the US Constitution. And the Bill of Rights. What’s that First Amendment say again?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

Not only is that the First Amendment, it’s literally the first words in the Bill of Rights. I guess their excuse will be, “Well it says Congress. Trump isn’t Congress.” These fuckers need to get my Constitution’s name out of their damn mouths. They’ve never read the thing, that is clear.

22 Likes

Jesus Christ, that is a lot of rambling on about a Bible from a guy who can’t even paraphrase one verse from it.

15 Likes

Oh My God No GIF by CBC

(It’s just because of the gilding on the page edges. Honest!)

12 Likes

… specially designed so that it can’t be held upside-down, I suspect.

7 Likes

And of course intertwining government and religion has always been one of the biggest warning signs of fascism. Now here they are, literally bound together in one volume!

17 Likes

I wonder if it left out the Establishment Clause from the 1st Amendment. Or maybe those are the pages that are stuck together.

6 Likes

From their site:

“Is any of the money from this Bible going to the Donald J Trump campaign for president?”*

“No, GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. GodBlessTheUSABible.com is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J Trump, the Trump Organization, CIC Ventures LLC or any of their respective principals or affiliates.

GodBlessTheUSABible.com uses Donald J Trump’s name, likeness and image under paid license from CIC Ventures LLC, which license may be terminated or revoked according to its terms.”

CIC Ventures LLC operates from the same address as Trump International Golf Clubs LLC.

14 Likes

Not the first ghostwritten book he’s slapped his name on.

26 Likes

Well Done Applause GIF

16 Likes

So the money isn’t going into his political campaign, it’s going into his personal bank account. Or maybe paying all those lawyers who are trying to defend him from criminal charges stemming from his habit of bearing false witness and his serial-adulterer lifestyle.

It’s enough to make a person want to flip over some tables and chase people around with a whip.

19 Likes

if they use the name under license, does that means they already paid him? Is that how they can say proceeds don’t go to him?

I mean, I don’t care, really.

4 Likes

I’ve always kinda wondered when they’d get around to writing a new Bible that refers to Trump as the real Son of God and deletes that long-haired hippie and all that Love Your Neighbor crap.

5 Likes

As @Brainspore said, Trump’s campaign doesn’t get any money, but Trump himself probably gets a royalty on each Bible through CIC Ventures, the company that licenses his “name, likeness and image”.

5 Likes