Jared Kushner's book is no good

Originally published at: Jared Kushner's book is no good | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Who’s the audience for this book? Can’t be the unwashed MAGA masses, surely; they’re not known for their love of reading. Can’t be fellow kleptocrats; they already know most of the details, and know the book is largely bull. Can’t be libruls; for most of them (us?) the scathing NYT review is more than ample.

So who does Jared think is going to buy it?

8 Likes

A book so “nice” we’re telling you about it twice!

17 Likes
  • The tone is college admissions essay.

I was going to say carefully curated (but still bad) linked in profile

4 Likes

The Saudis gave me two billions for some of the Donald’s nukular secrets, and for some bizarre reason, I put out a “Look at me!” book too. LOL suckers! :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

audience

11 Likes

Jared Kushner.

Jared Kushner. Over and over, so it moves up the NYT lists.

24 Likes

Who? With daddy-in-law’s political juice quickly evaporating, perhaps anxious monied individuals who want Jared to keep their names out of the papers. A purchase of a quarter million books per individual should do the trick.

11 Likes

The members of the January 6th committee, looking for sections where Jared accidentally shared too much information for his own good?

17 Likes

Like I said bevore, the site’s name is “boing boing”, not just “boing”.

11 Likes

13 Likes

Is Stephen Miller writing a book? Because I’m sure he’d be a fascinating read. /s

5 Likes

jesus GIF

5 Likes

Mathematically, what would it take to buy your way to the top of the best sellers list?

1 Like

Answering my own question - daddy or the Saudis only need to buy like 10,000 of these books in a week. So, yeah.

Source (vox.com)

3 Likes

The metaphor was gross and appropriate, but also tantalizing. I did a search, out or perverse curiosity, for cats licking dog eye goo. I must report that i did not find any.

1 Like

who is the audience for this book?

Anyone who will fork over $100 or so to see one of these jackals ‘speak’. The book is ‘part of the purchase’, a premium you cannot say no to. This allows them to buy a couple 100K copies and actually distribute it to people and semi-plausibly claim they actually bought the book. In short, an utterly, disappointingly typical self-dealing grift that the family has made their raison d’etre
(I screwed up the spelling, I just know it).

I believe the NYT finally got wise to these particular games and now puts an asterisk or dagger or some other symbol next to these ‘best sellers’ to indicate they aren’t exactly the same as the local Book Nook selling out of their shipment.

9 Likes

It’s a vanity book. People aren’t supposed to read it, it exists so that Jared can say that he wrote a book.

15 Likes

Should be titled, " Breaking Wind".

1 Like

Alexander Jared Kushner and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Book

5 Likes