Watch Tucker Carlson self-own yet again

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/06/18/watch-tucker-carlson-self-own-yet-again.html

7 Likes

Seems to me that Simon & Schuster are the real idiots here for promoting the guy who keeps telling his followers to boycott them.

42 Likes

Given his personality, I think he is probably just bragging; hinting that he is too big for Simon & Schuster to cut. Maybe also pretending like always that he is fair and balanced, otherwise he’d get cut too?

I’m way beyond caring about his opinions, or rights, or well-being.

21 Likes

At this point, it’s like he’s taunting his viewers, seeing how far he can push their cognitive dissonance before they notice.

16 Likes

Right?

The only thing I’d still like to see that involves Tucker Carlson in any way, shape or form is someone snatching his wig off. In public.

(Given how much he likes to scare paranoid white people, maybe I should call it a “fright wig”?)

22 Likes

It takes a certain talent to let the rubes know that you’re selling BS to them and have them eat it up instead of running you out of town. Swanson Dinner Boy doesn’t have it, any more than he has the ability to connect with the Know-Nothings as a “Man of the People”. He’s just lucky that Lachlan Murdoch won’t let him fail.

12 Likes

It’s a one-time thing, it just happens a lot.
(He actually said “wasn’t”)

When I saw the book-burning graphic, I thought “Declining to publish a book is not the same as burning books that exist” but then I remembered their views on abortion.

14 Likes

Or maybe they know the outrage will sell more Tucker books? The people already aren’t buying the books they decided to not publish. But they can buy two of Tuckers books to “own the libs”.

In fact, that is the promo I would put on a sign in every book store “Own the libs - buy two.”

The audience is so dumb, it might just work.

10 Likes

Shades of Scientology.

18 Likes

It was the first time they’ve done something like this.

… he said and then went on to cite earlier cases.

Is this a new variant of the USAnian ‘I could care less’ or is he just a fuckwit?

(Yeah I know the answer, but I fear a ‘why not both’ option.)

5 Likes

I’m thinking it’s a ploy to get his book cancelled so he can say “SEE?!! I told you so!” then get it published by someone else.

Like how the GQP says “government just doesn’t work” then they prove it when they take office.

3 Likes

tumblr_33abae744a1569d782c3d4d8dff56d7c_0db49ebb_1280

27 Likes

Aaaaaa I don’t even. He’s shaming a publisher for not printing some books he likes, yet the very same publisher is going to print a book of his, so they should be praised. But they should also be blamed. And praised. And and and…
Truly this is self-owning on multiple dimensions, a brain-and-space twister.

480px-Stereographic_polytope_16cell

How come he’s still visible on normal cameras?

9 Likes

“…which you might want to check out.”

Must be a comedy 'cuse that’s funny.

1 Like

Don’t hate the player, hate the game? I still don’t understand why anyone gets het up about this stuff. I’m sure there are publishers with right-wing ownership that refuse to publish left-leaning opinions. In a market economy it’s not up to Simon & Schuster to guarantee freedom of speech. Cancel away.

2 Likes

Cut out the middle man… print the pages in your garage and staple them together, sell your tome outside a 7-Eleven.

3 Likes

Simon and Schuster are also censoring me. I sent them a manuscript and they sent it back calling it “really bad” “unedited” “nearly unreadable” “Is that even English?” and several other things. I am a dedicated Republican and devout Christian.* They should be required to publish my book regardless of my political beliefs!

*I am neither of those things, of course

9 Likes

Premise #1: Simon & Schuster is silencing conservative voices.
Premise #2: Simon & Schuster is publishing Tucker Carlson’s new book.
Conclusion: Tucker Carlson is not a conservative voice.

9 Likes

Apparently, content doesn’t sell books, outrage about the supposed content sells books.

3 Likes

No thank you. I refuse to pay fhat much for toilet paper.
John Wayne toilet paper, at that.

His viewers obviously neither comprehend nor care about logic.
He counts on that.

5 Likes