Tucker Carlson concedes child rape is "unpopular" in passionate defense of child rape

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/11/tucker-carlson-concedes-child.html

11 Likes

Obligatory: Christ, what an asshole.

51 Likes

I guess one can’t spend all of their time getting a friend to help him beat up gay guys.

25 Likes

It’s interesting to think how “close” Yolo Minneapolis got and worth thinking about why this killed him but won’t kill Tucker.

38 Likes

Already established shitegob vs. up-and-coming shitegob, I’d imagine.

22 Likes

In his defense, he didn’t say all these abominable things on the same day. But he still said them. Not a minus at Faux News - not as if he’d said Obama wasn’t a Muslim.

4 Likes

Who?

Oh - right. That guy who lost his sugar daddy and is on the dole.

18 Likes

It’s amazing- Tucker Carlson thinks the same thing about women that I think about him: he’s “extremely primitive.”

I’m also certain that I’d really enjoy telling him “be quiet and kind of do what you’re told,” and the angrier it made him, the more I’d enjoy it.

27 Likes

Your president got away with this talk and now he’s president. All ye who enter here, abandon all faith.

15 Likes

That’s surely right all things considered but I do think there’s something a bit more to it.

Yolo’s defense of it was couched in personal experience and had a veil of liberal reason about it. I think a part of why it killed him was because he (being someone who doesn’t really believe in anything) forgot which way was up for the conservative audience.

Tucker, though, is all abstraction, legal hair-splitting, snarling resentment. He’s defending it from clearly conservative grounds. He knows which way is up with them.

25 Likes

tldr: Yolo suggested it was good for the kid, Tucker doesn’t give a shit about the kid.

28 Likes

It also didn’t hurt that he’s a frat boy who comes from inherited wealth.

And a real ‘Murican. Not like that fancy guy. Even though his hands have never been sullied by a callous or a blister.

21 Likes

I wonder if this is why they made him get rid of the bow tie. It’s a look that can say a few different things, all obvious, but only in retrospect.

13 Likes

You’re overthinking it.

Milo is gay, Carlson isn’t. Live boy or dead girl.

36 Likes

The bingo!

26 Likes

I don’t have the energy this morning to deal with this shit yet.

14 Likes

His family must be sooo proud.

5 Likes

That he has said horrible, awful, reprehensible things is not surprising. That he defends the comments and refuses to apologize for them now is a little surprising. I have to wonder how his advertisers feel about that. Not that this has inhibited Sean Hannity, whose show has recently been running without any advertisements at all.

8 Likes

Does this really shock anyone here? and is it even a question that Fuxnews watchers will give him a pass…because ofc they will.

1 Like

This is not my definition of “conservative.”

5 Likes