NYT: Tucker Carlson was fired for racist text message: "Not how white men fight" but "I really wanted them to hurt the kid"

Originally published at: NYT: Tucker Carlson was fired for racist text message: "Not how white men fight" but "I really wanted them to hurt the kid" | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Never were, Fucker, you never were.

44 Likes

I’m surprised that he has even that much self-awareness, and indeed, expresses an aspiration to be a better human. Of course his aspiration is self-serving and he’s still a creepy, greedy white-supremacist liar who has twisted countless minds and will continue to try to destroy democracy, so there’s that.

43 Likes

It’s good to remember that Tucker was probably talking about a video of Proud Boys, Patriot Front, or some other Nazi group attacking an innocent bystander.

Tucker Carlson is a Nazi, and there’s only one kind of good Nazi.

48 Likes

I’m downright irritated by the ambiguity over what in this note is supposed to have gotten him fired. The racism was completely on-brand for him, a known quantity. Whereas the pangs of conscience are actually subversive of Fox-Murdoch goals.

35 Likes

What a piece of fash trash.

29 Likes

There’s a better than even chance it was the self awareness that got him fired, not the racism. In an organization like Fox News there’s nothing more dangerous than a radical with a conscience.

23 Likes

This feels like the most likely explanation to me. Cause the boss enough headaches and they’re bound to let you go sooner or later whether you’re making the company money or not.

24 Likes

19 Likes

Beat me to it.

I hope his bad karma is swift and painful.

29 Likes

Here’s hoping. Hopefully it gets caught on video so he finally gets the high viewing figures he deserves.

20 Likes

People are misreading this. It wasn’t this that got him fired:

It was this:

No developing a conscience on Fox’s time.

ETA: Ah, @katin beat me to it. :cup_with_straw:

15 Likes

In reading the text, was so hoping that the conscience pangs were REAL, that he was just noticing the slightest twinge of empathy for someone whose beliefs are different than his own, but seemed more likely that it was more the ”moral camouflage” to cover for being a shitty human, and plausible deniability if discovered.

13 Likes

CPAC’s new slogan should be “Where white men fight”.

19 Likes

Does he actually have that much forethought?

7 Likes

Tucker: you are the monster destroying America. It’s been you the whole damned time. Did you even watch Fight Club?

25 Likes

If he ever did, he completely misunderstood it, just like so many other toxic dude-bros.

25 Likes

Wait. . . was he canned because of the racist part, or because he actually seemed to show some compassion for another human being?

7 Likes

“Not how white men fight”??? There absolutely has to be a 20 some-odd letter German or Japanese word for disavowing something while observing that EXACT thing. This is exactly how this particular strain of fascist white men fight. I know it’s as simple as him denying being a fascist but come on. Thank Dog we’ve moved on to electricity because this scum would have the gaslight market fully in hand.

15 Likes

Nah how this particular strain of fascist white boy fights is crying on tv about the people he wants killed and writing masturbatory fan fic about it. Apparently that makes it more “respectable.

18 Likes