Tucker Carlson says blaming white supremacy for mass shootings is a "hoax"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/07/tucker-carlson-says-blaming-wh.html

9 Likes

Tucker Carlson having anything relevant or useful to say is a hoax.

58 Likes

CNN getting the headline right this time: “Tucker Carlson wrongly tells his viewers the country’s white supremacy problem ‘is a hoax’.”

Also mentions the point about false equivalence, which is completely lost on so many commentators. “Yeah, but the other shooter was a Democrat. So both sides.”

41 Likes

Thank you so, so much Tucker for defending the good name and honor of white supremacists!

28 Likes

19 Likes

It would be funny if it weren’t so dangerous.

46 Likes

Rob, you’re slipping–I totally expected to see bowties for his eyes! :wink:

26 Likes

The pic has to be photoshopped, Tucker Carlson had his brow surgically furrowed several years ago.

12 Likes

Tucker is their prime White Nationalist problem.

20 Likes

Rich white guy says white supremacy is a hoax. Why am I not surprised?

26 Likes

My grandmother once told me how one of her kids found an injured squirrel and put it in the oven to warm it up because it was still breathing. Except it turned out it wasn’t breathing, it was just full of maggots. Fun stories, that lady.

Anyway Tucker Carlson’s a bit like that squirrel: there’s a sort of caricature of human life on the outside, but you can tell you wouldn’t want to know what’s causing it on the inside.

46 Likes

I remember when Alex Jones still seemed kind of funny, a silly but harmless kook who spouted nonsensical conspiracy theories like the UFOlogists and Bigfoot hunters on Coast to Coast AM.

Now he’s one of the voices who could plausibly help trigger the next American civil war.

37 Likes

As long as they still get paid, they don’t give a shit.

28 Likes

37 Likes

< sarcasm > Well some of them were Mexicans in El Paso, so not too many REAL people were hurt, just brown people! They shouldn’t have been in the US anyways, then they wouldn’t have been shot! </ so much sarcasm! >

8 Likes

Of course he doesn’t think white supremacy exists in any meaningful way in this country or that it’s a problem. Do fish recognize the water around them, much less consider it a problem?

For people like him, white nationalism and white supremacy are the normal, rightful state of affairs in this country. Only efforts combat those ideologies count as “movements” to people like him, because they try to change what should be the status quo.

27 Likes

This is gaslighting.

34 Likes

I’m still waiting for Tucker to molt and emerge as beautiful human being. Any day now.

5 Likes

It depresses me a little bit that a joke from season 22 is now considered old. If that is old, then “Do the Bartman” must be be prehistoric.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Carlson has decided to make himself a leader in the next wave of right-wing populism in America. If anyone thinks this problem will go away with a defeat for Biff in 2020, they’re very much mistaken. Here’s another creep trying to refine this toxic message for future generations:

29 Likes