Tucker Carlson on Trump: "I hate him passionately."

Originally published at: Tucker Carlson on Trump: "I hate him passionately." | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Fascism and hypocrisy always pair perfectly.

28 Likes

Well sure he hates him. Tucker the Wig suffers from severe Real-Hair Crown Envy.

12 Likes

“Oh yeah baby, I hate you so much!”

15 Likes

Please do.

7 Likes

The passion with which he hates trump is equal to the $$$$$$$$$$ he makes.

4 Likes

Florida is going to get real small for tFucker.

Odd that most of these fascist gQp assholes live in Florida right?

3 Likes

I don’t believe him. I mean, he might, who knows. I don’t care, really, I just don’t believe anything Carlson says or does. He could very easily be trying to play both sides. Make the Trump loving masses think he’s on their side, while making the more behind the scenes, traditional old school Republicans think he’s on their side. Plus just keeping his options open until he sees which side prevails in the end.

23 Likes

Not to mention the only reason he might have for not liking Trump is that he believes some one else would advance the cause of fascism better than Trump.

22 Likes

Yeah, that too. Good point.

9 Likes

This is the part I really struggle with. MAGAs don’t care what the people they follow believe. They really don’t. As long as those leaders say the right things, what they actually believe doesn’t matter. I don’t understand that mindset at all.

28 Likes

Well, to be clear, Carlson and Trump and all of them are completely hate-filled, so no surprises here.

4 Likes

The one person who I hope believes this is TFG, and that they destroy each other.

6 Likes

I was going to say something similar: a news story like this really only needs an audience of one. Doesn’t matter what the MAGA masses think; as long as TFG pivots to “Tucker bad,” then mission accomplished.

7 Likes

I’m still gobsmacked at the staying power of TFG. I mean, at this point, he’s clearly the odds on favorite for the GOP nomination in 2024, and I do not get it. Even if you love his message, it’s hard to deny at this point that he’s a loser who’s dragging the party down.

8 Likes

I do. It’s power. If some one is saying what you want them to say even if they don’t believe it that just means you have power over them…

In turn, it means that person is a useful tool who will do what you want and in some ways that is more desirable than a true believer because a true believer has morals and ambitions of their own which might inspire one to take a stand at some point. Conversely some one who will betray even themselves has no such inclination.

11 Likes

So the followers are themselves all temporarily embarrassed dictators? I think you’re on to something.

18 Likes

Yeah for a lot of people I think it really is that… Either they see themselves in the dictator or they see themselves as serving their proper role by helping to keep others in their place. In that kind of continuum ideals like consent and integrity are utterly meaningless and even counterproductive.

I was just reading this from another thread and holy shit does it feel like it could be written tomorrow or yesterday:

16 Likes

You have to remember that Trump’s perception of reality is based on what he sees on TV though; as far as journalism goes the printed word may as well not exist. There is very real doubt whether Trump even read his own so-called autobiography (which was ghostwritten at any rate).

So as long as Tucker avoided saying those words on camera he’ll probably get by in Trumpworld just fine.

5 Likes

(Tucker goes back to picking Trump dingleberries out of his nose…)

1 Like