Tucker Carlson on Trump: "I hate him passionately."

That’s a wig? Why would anyone buy such an unconvincing wig?

4 Likes

This lawsuit has the potential to be the ultimately Trump-derived destruction he was talking about

3 Likes

There’s even some (perhaps somewhat less serious) doubt about whether the man can read at all.

5 Likes

Wow. That was an excellent read, and not just because it’s such an interesting look into America just before it joined WW II, or because of the article’s applicability to today’s world, but also because of the excellent character sketches the author draws of the people at this imaginary party.

5 Likes

“Temporarily embarrassed dictators” is a gem of a phrase that explains the appeal of fascist leaders. We’ve been spending all this time pointing out to Trump supporters that he’s has been trying to reshape our democracy into a fascist dictatorship, mistakingly thinking that it’d be universally recognized that a dictatorship is a bad thing.

10 Likes

That or they’re petty dictators who want to preserve that role.

7 Likes

I was not aware they were two separate things.

2 Likes

This is as old as time, too, so we should know better. Heck, Sideshow Bob had a whole speech in The Simpsons about how conservatives crave someone to come along and rule them like a king. This was in the ‘90s when US Republicans were still pretending to only care about balancing budgets and responsible governance.

There’s plenty of scary stuff in the press from the lead up to Nazi Germany along these lines as well. People get caught up in the ideas of “bad” people being punished and themselves being vindicated for being “good”. The thrill of harsh judgement is real, and of course always assumes we won’t be the ones judged (for certain values of “we”).

9 Likes

I literally LOL’d at this in The Onion’s “What Fox Anchors Said Privately About Trump’s Election Lies” slideshow (Feb 27)

Tucker Carlson -

“Having to put up with this shit is so humiliating that I blew my load twice on set.”

He must have had an amazing time Monday night during that “Tucker Investigates” bit.

5 Likes

nice try, Tucker. you’re not going to disentangle yourself from Trump’s sinking ship that easily.

I’ve never understood this assertion, except as a joke. When speaking publicly, there were/are two Trumps: the authoritarian smart ass who’s making it up as he goes. This one goes to rallies and delights his fans, and is the one James Austin Johnson mimics so well on SNL.

Then there’s teleprompter Trump, who listlessly recites what’s in front of him like a moribund Soviet leader. Clearly he could/can read. But his gaffes made me wonder if perhaps he has vision issues and was/is too vain to wear corrective lenses.

But there is zero chance that Trump is a “reader” in any real sense of that word.

2 Likes

Whence “thigh-land.”

3 Likes

Does it also explain Nambia?

4 Likes

Hah, I thought the Aug 41 thing in the preview box was a technical miscue. It is not!

3 Likes

Not sure if he’s ever traveled to Thailand, but it may explain such a trip.

Obligs… ?

tuckergoodfellas

1 Like

That is an incredible read and the author turns out to be fascinating:

I’m not going to leave it there without pointing out her outrageously racist remarks, though. :frowning:

7 Likes

And in the end,
The hate you make
is equal to
the bucks you take.

#shittybeatles

3 Likes

I’m not. Not at all. The entire republican party’s whole concept of existence has been “pissing off the libs” for at least the past 13 years now. From the moment Barack Obama was elected to now, every single one of their policies has been “No YOU.” and “Triggering the snowflakes.” And Donald Trump does that better than anyone, because he’s so fucking nonsensical. And the people who are his fans LIKE the fact that he triggers us more than they care about the cognitive dissonance.

They know he’s full of shit. They know he’s a big lying liar. But he’s also saying things that make us angry, and that’s ALL the conservative right cares about anymore. It’s literally all they have.

well that, gerrymandering, a wildly undemocratic senate, the supreme court, and unfettered political donations from the wealthiest capitalists.

i don’t think ■■■■■ cares. he’s incredibly transactional. as long as people give him what he wants, i don’t think he really cares what they say.

lots of conservatives have said they hate him. it’s par for the course ( probably the only par he’s ever made )

4 Likes