Donald Trump's daddy, Fred, is back from the grave to shame his "garbage" son in new ad (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/21/donald-trumps-daddy-fred-is-back-from-the-grave-to-shame-his-weak-son-in-new-ad-video.html

10 Likes

Non-x version:

23 Likes

Yeah, ok, but his father was at least as much of garbage human as he is. And the Lincoln Project still sucks and I don’t trust them.

43 Likes

All true, but if they did manage to make him so angry he died of an aneurysm, I’d at least pour out a toast for them.

22 Likes

Fred wrote an entire book warning us about his son.

14 Likes

Do we want to go down this road? It’s not a good road, I don’t recommend it.

Oh, and stay on the path and beware the moon.

15 Likes

Directly involved in Trump’s death-by-aneurysm? Hell… I’d treat them to whatever they wanted at a Michelin rated 3-star restaurant… but – they being the Lincoln Project – I’d make them leave the tip.

11 Likes

Yup. That’s distasteful…

2 Likes

As a former waiter, lemme tell ya: the nicer the suit, the cheaper the tip. And the Lincoln Project strikes me a bunch who wear very nice suits. So this seems a bit cruel to the waiter.

12 Likes

IKR? Conservative on conservative violence. Shameful! Where are the fathers?

recap bachelorette GIF

11 Likes

As a condition for the “free” sumptuous feast that they barely deserved for a one-time-event, I’d make the condition that a minimum 20% tip be left. My money; my rules. That’s something they would be sure to understand.

4 Likes

Who’s “we?

The Lincoln Project is behind this; and while they are the enemy of my enemy, they are still nothing near any friends of mine.

If it helps tear down 45, if it helps keep him from ever becoming POTUS ever again, then I say let them sling all the mud and throw all the low blows they want.

15 Likes

I’m talking about we as humanity going down the road of using AI like this.

Still not “we.

Some humans are going all in on “AI” at full tilt; while others, like myself, are steadfast in our resistance.

Long story short; no one can deign to speak for all of humanity.

11 Likes

Yea dis-tasefull… f a trump, even in the 80’s

1 Like

I was trying to post an old comic from the 80’s regarding Trump… from my favorite strip Bloom County…

meh tldr

trump is floating off one of his yachts, get anchor dropped on head… brain has to be replaced by a drug addled feline- Bill D Cat… hijinx… ensue…

it’s great and so remarkably prescient.

2 Likes

I generally hate AI but this isn’t exactly the most sinister example of it; the footage looks totally fake, the context makes it obvious that it’s fake, and the text and voiceover of the ad itself makes clear several times over that it’s fake. Nobody is being misled here. Nor do Trump or his father’s memory deserve any special respect or deference, IMHO.

Dirty politics? Sure. But not any worse than if they did a Terry Gilliam-style paper-cut-out animation of Trump’s dad instead of a 3D model.

8 Likes

:thinking: I bet 45 would try to rewrite that in his favor, too, if he could get away with it:

7 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes