Donald Trump's disapproval rating now at 54%, Gallup reports

4 Likes

What bothers me is even if Hillary would be less bad… I still do not think she should have been elected.

4 Likes

Broken image! Sad!

3 Likes

From looking at the presidential approval website his approval rating from his own party (You know the majority party seemingly everywhere) then he has an 86% rating. Curiously way, way higher than Obama’s own party approval rating at this point in his term. (Which I totally don’t get.)

I find this very depressing. It feels like all the like-minded people against drumpf are in a room protesting to one another but so long as there is that large percentage of supporters it doesn’t matter. Sorry, I should probably work up a more upbeat attitude.

4 Likes

That’s one way to look at it. Another is that if Trump’s own actions haven’t made people stop supporting him, nothing we say is going to make them. Our focus at this point is to get each other more politically motivated, and to encourage those who didn’t vote last time to vote this time.

6 Likes

I don’t think poor popularity numbers is an impeachable offense. I don’t think I’d even feel comfortable if it were that easy.

So the question is will he break the law so badly that even the current Congress will agree he’s got to go?

2 Likes

Fake news. Sad that my opponents would tell such lies.

6 Likes

Ditto. I think “impeachment” gets thrown around so much that it loses it’s meaning.

I think the correct term would be “recall” but I don’t know if you can recall a president.

(Unless there is suspicion of laws being broken and the Rs actually care about the laws being broken.)

2 Likes

You cannot recall a president.

5 Likes

Do they love the loss of their healthcare? Do they love watching the man they voted for break the promises he made on the campaign trail, and do exactly the same things he lambasted his opponent for? Do they enjoy watching a billionaire fill his cabinet with billionaires from Goldman Sachs and then make a fool of us on the world stage?

Apparently so. I guess it’ll take their money and house and wife literally being on fire for them to say “oh, whoops.”

8 Likes

The reality is that popularity is always going to be a big factor in impeachment. I think Congress already has grounds to impeach him if they want to do so, so the question is whether they want to do so. Part of the answer to that is whether he is more popular than the people impeaching him. It’s not like these are stand-up do-the-right-thing people. They are going to impeach or not impeach based on whether they think it will help or hurt their re-election chances.

11 Likes

Well, for once they are getting fucked over by a god fearing Republican, and not some dirty Democrat.

2 Likes

FYI “so-called president” is spelled with a lower case P.

C’mon, if you are going to do it, rub it in.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, any such conflagration will be promptly blamed on durn muslins et al

At what point in his sliding ratings does impeachment start to be a thing people are pursuing seriously?

I don’t know about you, but this people is serious about it right now.

4 Likes

At this rate he will be at 0% approval in less than 2 months.

4 Likes

The emoluments clause breaches are. His basic unfitness for the job is covered by the 25th Amendment. The approval ratings determine if and when the GOP pull the trigger.

11 Likes

So, we just have to wait until his popularity drops to…

Oh, damn it.

9 Likes

I was going to say, one reason I thought that number was so high, is the congress is so low.

2 Likes

The “slide” doesn’t matter until the Democrats take over the Congress. That won’t happen until the nationwide gerrymander is undone, which will probably take decades.

3 Likes