Donald Trump's favorite Bible verse

[Read the post]

7 Likes

Yay. Another Trump quote. We canā€™t keep our eyes off the trainwreck and will further legitimize him through media exposure. God forbid we talk about policy or something.

15 Likes

Interesting that his favorite Bible verse was actually lifted from the Code of Hammurabi.

I wonder if heā€™s also a fan of this part:

Law #3: If any one bring an accusation of any crime before the elders, and does not prove what he has charged, he shall, if it be a capital offense charged, be put to death.

So about that ā€œObama was born in Kenyaā€ thingā€¦

15 Likes

My fatherā€™s favorite Bible verses were:

Let beer be for those who are perishing,
wine for those who are in anguish!
Let them drink and forget their poverty
and remember their misery no more.

Proverbs 31:6-7

Iā€™m starting to like them too.

15 Likes

ā€œEveryone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.ā€

Look, Iā€™m a humble guy, OK? Iā€™m incredibly humble. Iā€™m more humble than anybody, itā€™s amazing.

31 Likes

There are certain questions that a candidate for POTUS will be asked and not having an answer ready (Iā€™m looking at you, Sarah Palin) is absurd.

The man is running for the GOP nomination and he never thought to have an answer to a religious test question? That is part and parcel of the GOP!

8 Likes

Weā€™re gonna have a war. Itā€™s gonna be a classy war. Youā€™ll like it. Iā€™m the best at war. Everyone knowā€™s Iā€™m the best at war. Itā€™s gonna be the best war weā€™ve ever had.

17 Likes

Itā€™s going to be yuuuge, thatā€™s for sure.

7 Likes

lmgtfy:

You have heard the law that says the punishment must match the injury: ā€˜An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.ā€™ But I say, do not resist an evil person! If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also. If you are sued in court and your shirt is taken from you, give your coat, too. If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles. Give to those who ask, and donā€™t turn away from those who want to borrow.

The phrase ā€œan eye for an eyeā€ is being used as a counterexample of to teach about the foolishness of revenge and the virtue of Christian compassion.
Goddamit heā€™s so fucking stupid.

All you people better suck it up and vote for Hillary in November!

17 Likes

Eh. He seems like more of a Timothy 2:11-15

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearingā€”if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

PS. Fuck you Tim. Fuck you and the camel you rode in on. Fuck you.

12 Likes

Does he mean Matthew 5:38-42?

ā€œYou have heard that it was said, ā€˜Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.ā€™ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Or perhaps Exodus 21:22-25:

ā€œIf people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the womanā€™s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

?

7 Likes

This is the guy that wants a religious test for people coming in to the US. That wants a centralized small-government database of people of faith. That wants the government to monitor the churches of certain religions. How could he not anticipate a religious test for himself?

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/12/07/donald-trump-calls-for-banning-muslims-from-entering-u-s/

5 Likes

To be fair, to the Donald, a religious test means being asked if youā€™re Christian and if you say yes, then you should be taken at your word, just like he expects the media and voters to do for himself.

3 Likes

Iā€™m very partial to Isaiah 5:8. Itā€™s the most Get-Off-My-Lawn verse Iā€™ve yet identified:

ā€œWoe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!ā€

3 Likes

Letā€™s make fun of the republican candidate on a left leaning site for not running on a theocratic platform and keeping his religious beliefs personal! Seriouslyā€¦ is separation of church and state a right wing idea this time around? The left is now accusing Trump of not being religious enough and trying to get the word ā€˜dangerousā€™ to stick to him. Itā€™s a great strategy if you donā€™t want Hillary elected. Keep it up please!

1 Like

And you are so humble, it makes my head spinā€¦

1 Like

That only works when youā€™re white.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/18/politics/trump-obama-muslim-birther/

10 Likes

As long as itā€™s televised, but not on every channel during primetime, Iā€™ve got the popcorn and soda ready to go.

I think the joke here isnā€™t that heā€™s keeping it private, but that heā€™s trying to play to GOP card by being religious, but probably canā€™t even spell b-i-b-l-e.

Trumpā€™s favorite verse should instead be Proverbs 17:28

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Heā€™s just avoiding it so as to not show his ignorance.

10 Likes

Trump is a lot of things, most of them awful. Heā€™s not stupid. Assume he is stupid at your peril.

3 Likes