Donald Trump's feeble blog has already shut down – permanently

I’m glad you mentioned that, otherwise…

Confused Confusion GIF

11 Likes

(Derail)

Why are cute confused puppies so cute?

(End Derail)

9 Likes

I think because that gesture is so easily anthropomorphized.
But-- why?
I can understand, for example, how surprise is deeply engrained evolutionarily
(when you are surprised, you need to be ready for fight/flight: adrenaline; wide eyes allows better sight, more information to make decision; open mouth allows better breathing, more oxygen volume for incipient retreat/fighting).
But cocking your head when you are confused? How/why is that universal among mammals?

In climax of Aliens, the mother alien uses just that gesture as she is looking at the elevator the hero has just escaped into: and {spoiler} the mother alien figures out how to use a human elevator.

4 Likes

On today’s Pod Save America podcast they were pointing out something pretty disturbing: despite Trump being kicked off Facebook and Twitter, and the complete failure to gain any traction with his blog, and overall scant presence in media in general right now, somehow he’s managed to increase his control over the party in the last couple of months. In the immediate aftermath of January 6 there were a number of party members who publicly broke with him. But now almost all those guys have reversed positions and sucked up to him, declaring him the indispensable leader of the party, with belief in the Big Lie being a litmus test for primary endorsements.

We all felt that his presence on Twitter was a huge problem for the country, but is it possible that his base actually likes him better the less they hear from him?

5 Likes

His party does not equal Americans in general, I get the sensation that most of those assholes have realized that they’re likely to lose if they don’t follow his lie, about all they have now is voter suppression and conspiracy theories to keep them in power, I think they have probably passed the inflection point in terms of a possible return offering policies that are popular with a majority of Americans or being resonable…

But they do represent a more than large enough portion of Americans to really mess things up.

If one in three of the people in your boat is constantly trying to punch holes in the hull then that’s bad enough to ruin the trip for everyone.

7 Likes

We need to reinstate walking the plank!

1 Like

I resent that comparison! :wink:

4 Likes

I was there 6 times a month.

Fran Drescher could give Trump’s autobiography just the right tone, I think.

1 Like

Now that Trump is useless to Zuckerberg, ex-president is exiled from Facebook for two years, possibly indefinitely

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.