Donald Trump's feeble blog has already shut down – permanently

I love the way he describes himself as “45th President of the United States of America” which is technically true, but fails to explain how that makes him the former president, not the current one.

2 Likes

“This cancel cuture is BULLSHIT!”

Tap on the shoulder, aide whispers in my ear:

“They cancelled themselves”.

“Oh. Never mind /emily latella”

That said the build up was all this “Trump is creating a brand new social platform!” And it turns out if was just a fucking blog. I laughed my ass of. I mean that My Pillow guys attempt, bad as it was, was more ambitious.

7 Likes

The Trump Presidential Library…

7 Likes

Maybe he’ll start doing D-Drops in 8kun?

3 Likes

TIRED: “OH MY GOD, Trump started a blog. He’s going to be spreading his hate and sedition again!”

WIRED: “OH MY GOD, Trump’s blog shut down because nobody gave a fuck about his ‘press releases.’ HE’S UP TO SOMETHING SINISTER! BE VIGILANT! THIS ISN’T NORMAL! LET THAT SINK IN!”

6 Likes

If Stephen Miller hadn’t made a public announcement, would anyone have even noticed?

7 Likes

Somebody with soc med access should start a parody page: “From the Toilet of Donald J. Trump”.
Devin Nunes’ cow would get jealous.

5 Likes

I will wait for the audiobook. As read by William Shatner.

4 Likes

Really it should be read by somebody from Queens

4 Likes

I think communication theorist Marshall McLuhan’s work is relevant here.

14 Likes

Who would have thought it would be easier to pump up your number of fake followers on Twitter and Facebook than on your own website?

What absolute morons. How is there no IT guy promising that he can triple their subscribers inside of a week if he gets $X bonus, and then just creating dummy accounts? We all know the great mango will agree to anything that strokes his ego.

3 Likes

Among other things, CNN’s headline is pretty sweet:

18 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked how many visitors there were per month and got really angry about it, and told them to shut it down, not realizing that he still got free media coverage of anything he posted on this blog.

It’s so easy to keep a blog up even if you aren’t really doing anything with it.

1 Like

Because it’s one more click. Too much work.

1 Like

Who had a what?

1 Like

8 Likes

My guess is that many of his fans enjoy (ahem) flinging poo, and a no-comments blog just doesn’t give them the venue. They didn’t/don’t want to read pearls of wisdom, they want to participate in the owning of the libs, and or making libs cry (LOL) and the blog was just a sad old man whining.

11 Likes

sick cringe GIF

1 Like

My guess is 90% of his twitter “followers” did so not because they loved/liked him, but because they wanted to hear what awful thing the toddler-in-chief said that day that might tank their stock portfolio. Or so that they could out-rage-tweet back about it.

3 Likes

I think this was a strategic PR error. All they had to do was say they “brought it down” for overhaul, and that the initial release was for testing/refinement in the first place. And then never bring it back up. Interest would wane, and you wouldnt take the hit from a “failure” being “shut down”, since it is “soon” to be brought back. And, once his formal media platform is released, it will become moot anyway.

Yeah, however paltry the user clicks were, the MSM nevertheless were hungrily covering every single “tweet” he emitted.

Also, is it me, or does Jason Miller look like a potato:

(The potato is on the right.)

10 Likes