Donald Trump's Guide to Very Fine People

I live in the south, where nearly every inch of the land has history with regards to violence against people of color. Almost no parts of this country are free from this violence, however. I grew up seeing the KKK set up not a half mile from my house. I saw white supremacist scum go after kids I knew. And yes, white supremacists have threatened me for having black friends, if only indirectly. I grew up with people telling me that black people were inferior and race mixing was wrong. This was in the 80s and 90s, not in the 50s or 60s.

One of my profs set up a show of lynching postcards, and on the first day of her leading a group through the exhibit, one of the group looked down at one of the cards and said “that’s my uncle.”

Oh, yeah, and white supremacists run the police in some places and are at least part of the law enforcement in many, many others… and we wonder why black men get shot at much higher rates than the rest of the country…

Hate crimes have spiked, the sitting president BEGAN his campaign by taking about how Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers. He keeps nominating people who are openly racist (Moore, for one). The vast majority of terrorist attacks in the US are BY white supremacist groups.

Your willful ignorance isn’t helping.

18 Likes

You, sir, want to make the impression that you personally have been threatened. @Brainspore is in the right when he requests clarification.

I grow tired of your threadbare rhetorical games, sir. It becomes increasingly clear to all of us that you have no actual experience dealing with the Antifaschistische Aktion or any other antifascist group.

12 Likes

White supremacists killed five of my of my great uncles and aunts, four in the Holocaust, with their branches of the extended family. One great uncle was an American soldier who was killed in combat. That happened in the 1940’s, it you want to know when. About 50-80 million people were killed as a result of WWII, though since some of those were killed by the antifascists fighting Nazis, I guess you’re unclear who’s fault any of this was.

18 Likes

Fuck Nazis, and fuck concern trolls. Fascism must be rooted out and destroyed. If doing so bruises a few Nazi skulls, I’m not losing sleep over it. And I’d wager that those who are…are fucking Nazis.

13 Likes

“Skill is successfully walking a tightrope between the twin towers of New York’s World Trade Center. Intelligence is not trying.” - Marilyn vos Savant

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/marilyn_vos_savant_391093

Yes. Because even you seemed to admit that Antifa’s violence was directed at far-right groups. Targeting someone for being a White Supremacist is not the same as targeting someone for being black/Jewish/LGBT etc., so I find it fascinating that you seem to personally relate to Antifa’s “victims.”

17 Likes

Exactly. German fascists killed numerous members of my family in the Holocaust, including all four of my mother’s grandparents. Meanwhile, “good German” “moderate centrists” like @Dustin_Dopps stood by and let it happen.

I also have to assume @Dustin_Dopps would have hated my grandfather for taking up arms against those German fascists.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.