Donald Trump's home at Mar-a-Lago raided by the FBI

17 Likes

I doubt it would happen. My understanding is that presidential pardons are fairly blanket and complete. Trump could stand up and admit guilt, get the pardon, and then recant claiming he only admitted guilt and took the pardon to protect his family from the witch hunt. Because of the pardon any secondary effects of the law, like disqualification from public office, could not apply. I would hope Biden knows that Trump will never honor any deal that becomes inconvenient to him.

12 Likes

Angry Joe Biden GIF by Election 2016

13 Likes

Very short thread:

18 Likes

forget the hustler-on-his-best-behavior manner,…

That was his best behavior??

14 Likes

I think this is more like folklore than a real legal principle

I’m not aware of a single historical example of a person who lost a job or access to a ballot by “accepting a pardon”

13 Likes

well, it’s not like his behavior has improved over time… :grimacing:

11 Likes

I don’t have any love for Biden in general, but neither do I see that particular outcome happening.

As Mindy said:

17 Likes

If there is not, they’ll just try again with a more competent dear leader…

13 Likes

Exactly; and more than that, why should any of the rest of us continue to hold up our end of ‘the social contract,’ when TPTB don’t even care about maintaining the façade that they will hold up theirs?

They better get some fuckin’ ACT RIGHT, and quick; otherwise, this grand experiment is not only over, it will have failed miserably, and widespread chaos will follow…

18 Likes

And while some people are looking forward to that (the pro-Trump civil war crowd), the reality is that it will be a horrible, bloody thing all around.

13 Likes

Just like Jan 6th, it won’t go the way they think it will…

18 Likes

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

If we had an actual conflict between these jackasses and the US military, they’d be slaughtered with their little ARs and hand guns. Then of course, they’d get to play the victim yet again. But really, they would have fucked around and found out.

22 Likes

You don’t think it would be a terrorist campaign?

What’s another couple of mass shootings every day?

I lived through the DC sniper shootings. It took them weeks to find them.

10 Likes

there was a trump train caravan of MAGAts with their oversized fascist flags that took off from Hialeah to Mar-a-Lago today (67miles). the statements from the participants show that they do not give a fuck. they say that they do this to show support for “the man we love”.
any one of these idiots could be the next stochastic terrorist looking to shoot up or drive their “coal roller” truck into a crowd of counter protesters. and our little fascist governor has made that last part legal.

25 Likes

A terrorist campaign against civilians is something America already has really. But Mindy specifically said against the military. Just like the guy who thought he could take on the FBI, there are a lot of people who think having a collection of deadly weapons makes them a match for anything. Suffice to say that is arrogance in the extreme.

“A disorderly mob is no more an army than a heap of building materials is a house.” – Plato

25 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

229 posts were split to a new topic: Ongoing Trump raids