Trump raid affidavit will be released today

Originally published at: Trump raid affidavit will be released today | Boing Boing

8 Likes

The document will ■■■■■ the ■■■■■ to ■■■■■ with the exception of ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ Trump and ■■■■■ to the left of ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■.

But it ought to be interesting anyway.

26 Likes

“disclosure would reveal the identities of witnesses, law enforcement agents, and uncharged parties…”

Keep them mills of Justice grinding.

@anon33932455 I know that the documents were kept next to the swimming pool; but have they really got that ■■■■■?

18 Likes

caitlin-doughty-■■■■■

I wouldn’t suggest getting the document wet…

18 Likes

Heh. It was the only way I could figure out how to block the words out.

13 Likes

Alex Trebek Yes GIF by Jeopardy!

11 Likes

33 Likes

Team Trump thinks they’ve got a win here, regardless of the outcome. Firstly, they got a big bad judge to order the unsealing. Second, they’re going to have a piece of paper that’s covered with black bars to wave in front of their base.
“The government is HIDING SECRETS! Platters are being passed on your left and on your right, please give generously…”

6 Likes

redaction-02

15 Likes

That’s not quite the case. While Trump has publicly demanded release of the affidavit he and his lawyers never actually made any legal motions to do so and it’s not at all clear they really wanted it to happen.

The judge’s order to unseal the affidavit came at the request of several media organizations, not at the request of Trump or his allies.

21 Likes

This is the worst “Wordle” EVER!

8 Likes

3 Likes

It’s twenty after - where is it?

You can see it here. Gift Link should be free to access.

11 Likes

direct link to affidavit

12 Likes

definitely a lot of strikeouts during the juicy bits

eta:

it sounds like they had direct observation of material being moved in ( including probably photos ); the boxes trump gave them earlier contained newspaper clippings, handwriting notes, etc mixed at random with the classified documents; they establish that the place where they were stored was insecure; they specifically call out how they’ll handle client/attorney privileged documents in a protected way

11 Likes

Is this legally a big deal? Especially now that they have the docs back?
Where I’m headed with this… Could this end up having a small impact on Trump legally but be prosperous for his grift? Could this have been his desired outcome all along?

It’s “legally a big deal” in that it’s the kind of thing that would result in serious life-altering consequences for most anyone other than Trump.

Whether Trump himself faces even a taste of those consequences remains to be seen.

20 Likes

A preliminary triage of the documents with classification markings revealed the following approximate numbers: 184 unique documents bearing classification markings, including 67 documents marked as CONFIDENTIAL, 92 documents marked as SECRET, and 25 documents marked as TOP SECRET. Further, the FBI agents observed markings reflecting the following compartments/dissemination controls: HCS, FISA, ORCON, NOFORN, and SI. Based on my training and experience, I know that documents classified at these levels typically contain NDI. Several of the documents also contained what appears to be FPOTUS’s handwritten notes.”

Seems like a big deal.

13 Likes

No nuclear secrets, though. Less evidence for this sort of headline.

Arguably, HCS is as bad if not worse, but it doesn’t grab the audience’s attention.

3 Likes