Trump may have more classified documents in his possession, say prosecutors

Originally published at: Trump may have more classified documents in his possession, say prosecutors | Boing Boing

11 Likes

I’m interested in those dozens of empty “classified” folders. There government doesn’t just buy those off the shelf.

22 Likes

His toilet must be working overtime.

27 Likes

Especially with how poor they are at flushing? Have you seen these things, the low-flow toilets? (Old callback to 2019 that suddenly seems relevant? Trump's toilet claim: Americans need to flush '10 times, 15 times' | CNN Politics)

16 Likes

Always and forever.

Z

22 Likes

Shittiest preznit ever.

24 Likes

May have??

They are long gone by now.

19 Likes

Sitting in the trophy rooms of Putin, Lil Kim, and other dictators around the world.

32 Likes

My bleary eyes initially couldn’t resolve whether that was “shittiest” or “shiftiest.”

I quickly realized it’s good either way.

22 Likes

Getting something good enough for a warrant is obviously a different matter; but does it strike anyone as remotely plausible that the only classified documents floating around just happened to be the ones within the one search warrant that was executed and came up with a rather alarming supply?

7 Likes

The latest excuse coming from the Trump camp is that he needed to hold onto these classified docs because he was afraid Biden might destroy them. It’s not just “two wrongs make a right” it’s “one wrong makes a right, just in case there’s another wrong”-- pre-emptively correcting an imaginary crime.

11 Likes

And in related news, water may be wet and the sun may rise tomorrow.

13 Likes

weellll… more classified documents which have already been auctioned out the door. no longer exactly in “his possession” (but likely kept copies). Once again the worthy and prescient Tom the Dancing Bug trump 'fire’sale comic. no greater traitor trump

11 Likes

scared cary grant GIF

10 Likes

What a never ending shitshow…

16 Likes

Isn’t this toilet still missing? Wouldn’t be surprised if it showed up at MAL. Just when did he visit the UK?

7 Likes

“A gang broke into the 18th Century stately home and caused “significant damage and flooding” because the toilet was plumbed into the building.“

Amateurs.

12 Likes

This highlights still more flawa in our processes for keeping these documents safe.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a national security expert, or even a local security expert (although I did install an alarm system once).

1. The president, despite being the head of the executive branch, needs to be forced to obey the same rules as everyone else. This includes not taking SCIF-worthy documents into the crapper at the residence, or, even worse, off the premises to a shitty resort. Yeah, I see the inherent problem: who’s gonna force him? But it’s a loophole that needs to be plugged. SOMEHOW.

2. The president should not be able to directly declassify documents. make the review process short, and provide means for expediting it; but make sure multiple brains get to consider the implications.

These processes, like so many others, weren’t designed with a self-centered, norm-eschewing scofflaw in mind.

13 Likes

Yet more evidence it was Trump? Professionals would already know that he wouldn’t pay them.

11 Likes

problematically, who enforces those rules? his cabinet could have gotten rid of him at any time, and yet they all liked what he was doing and so they didn’t

9 Likes