Justice Department demands Trump return more classified documents

Originally published at: Justice Department demands Trump return more classified documents | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I’m sure Biff is already on the phone to his tame judge about blunting this latest demand.

22 Likes

Lock him up!

22 Likes

Search warrants for Bedminster, coming right up!

29 Likes

26 Likes

I’m really fucking tired of people making this assumption.

38 Likes

Seconded. In addition to that, I’m really tired of media speculation “will he run again?” when obviously he CAN’T run again if & when he’s indicted, prosecuted and jailed for his many innumerable crimes.

Meanwhile: Halloween!

37 Likes

Like he has any idea what records are classified. Even with clearly marked folders and big bold stamps on documents. Once they got into his grubby little hands they became ‘his’ forever as far as he can conceive.

11 Likes

“They aren’t classified because I declassified them.”

“OK, then turn over these declassified documents.”

“No. Anyway I don’t have any documents. Any documents you find you must have planted.”

20 Likes

Trump has such naked contempt for basic security protocols that it really is plausible that they don’t know where those documents are anymore. (Of course that wouldn’t absolve him of criminal liability either.)

32 Likes

8 Likes

Perhaps those “still missing” are those which have “already been sold”…?

14 Likes

43 Likes

came to say that, thanks. we do not know what the DOJ knows or can prove.

16 Likes

I keep asking such peeps for the winning numbers to the powerball, since they can predict the future and all.

Personally, I’m no rose-colored glasses wearing ‘Pollyanna’; as anyone even slightly familiar with my persona (in both 3D life and online) may have noticed.

I am generally just as jaded & cynical as the prevailing stereotype of my generation is portrayed… but that doesn’t mean that I don’t still dare to hope for the best, to dream of a better world, and wherever possible, work to help make that world into reality.

If someone of severely limited privilege like myself hasn’t given up yet, then people with far more resources and privilege shouldn’t either…

Once again, Nix:

27 Likes

My Precious GIF

10 Likes

His toilet must be working overtime!

11 Likes

He might have moved them to his kids places. Better search everything associated with him.

17 Likes

I mean, he definitely can. Eugene Debs famously ran one of his presidential campaigns from prison.

And I hope he does! Imagine a world where trump is under indictment and relying on serious brain geniuses like Brad Parscale to run his primary campaign against DeSantis. It would be cutthroat! It would be cruel! It would be hilarious! And hopefully would be enough to remind voters how sick these fucks are and vote Dem.

14 Likes

If it was you or I, all of our properties and holdings (if we had multiples) would be searched no problem.

12 Likes