Trump under investigation for violating the US Espionage Act, obstruction of justice, and destroying federal government records

Originally published at: Trump under investigation for violating the US Espionage Act, obstruction of justice, and destroying federal government records | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Love to see it, don’t expect to.

More realistically the “barred from holding future office” part would be a pretty huge win in itself.

48 Likes

More than anything, I hope all this melee keeps the fucker from running for or holding office, ever again.

56 Likes

Hear, hear. January 6 proved how much damage his continued presence can cause even in an election he loses. If it was allowed to happen again the aftermath of his loss would likely be even worse.

35 Likes

There’s always a tweet.

55 Likes

The problem is the constitution set the guidelines for who can be President and it doesn’t say anything about any later laws. Arguably as long as you meet those requirements, regardless of any others, there’s still an argument that allows him to be elected.
Is what I heard on NPR at least. I’m sure SCOTUS would have his back on it too.

5 Likes

63 Likes

60 Likes

Just need to make sure he’s in prison on 5th of November 2024.

11 Likes

< we got him.gif >

So…when are they issuing the arrest warrant?

And…have they revoked his passport yet?

Also…I wonder if it’s also worth looking in Melania’s dresser.

9 Likes

The Washington Post explains why Trump’s accusation is malarky

Short answer: because it’s something this grifter said.

15 Likes

18 Likes

Don’t forget this it was Trump who signed the law making it a felony! Trump signed law making mishandling of classified info a felony — now it may come back to haunt him | Salon.com

27 Likes

I hate to well actually it, but… the judge was appointed by a panel of judges, it turns out. Dunno who made up that panel , though. Welcome to Florida and how they pick magistrate judges there. And the DOJ attorney that approved it was Merrick Garland, who wasn’t appointed by Trump but by Biden.

That said, the law they’re going for WAS signed by Trump, and there’s always a tweet. And when the FBI director, a member of the Federalist Society, signs off it says something.

9 Likes

Huh, so there’s Trump right out there admitting he had classified nuclear secrets? Nuclear secrets, espionage act… so… we’ve very much got a Rosenbergs type situation, then? Instead of “lock him up” have we jumped straight to “light him up”?

13 Likes

I just want you all to know, I love you very much. Hugs all around. We’re not done with the lying, grifting, racist, criminal sack of weasel dicks yet, but boy, seems like his ability to do the crimes he accuses others of is finally about to bite him in the ass. We can only hope.

Keep the faith, you awesome mutants.

49 Likes

Beau of the Fifth Column, who has a sensible head on his shoulders, thinks that if Trump is actually convicted of anything, imprisonment would be nothing more that house arrest.

14 Likes

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

Golden State Warriors Reaction GIF by NBA

Kid Dancing GIF

22 Likes

The Gong Show on the TV instead of Fox News

:: chef’s kiss ::

7 Likes

What penalties does former President Trump face if convicted under the Espionage Act?

If former President Trump were to be indicted, tried, and convicted under the Espionage Act (all huge ifs), he would face a presumptive sentence of between 14-17.5 years imprisonment.

The penalty for each count of violation of Section 793(d) is imprisonment of “not more than ten years.” Each document wrongfully retained by former President Trump would constitute a separate count of conviction, meaning that he could face up to 10 years for each document.

17 Likes