Donald Trump's still running, but the campaign's over

He is.
“Hillary for Prison”

10 Likes

that’s a guinea pig.

11 Likes

As long as the Trumpites don’t go all Jacobin on us and start some monumental 270 year sulk about losing (eg the locking of the Bear Gates of Traquair house after Charles Stuart passed through in 1745 which have never been unlocked, due to a family vow to leave them locked until the Stuarts regain the throne of England). Then again, a lot of them seem to be Southerners of the type who is still sulking about losing the civil war, so there is that.

13 Likes

Polls still show Discount Hitler getting 4 out of 10 voting Americans. Yeah, I know. Look at the bright side, IIRC, at least there’s the second biggest ocean between you and these asshats. I have to share a country with them…though I’m currently enjoying Earth’s biggest ocean between them and I (yes, I voted early; I do have to go back there next month after all).

13 Likes

I believe he has a strategy for keeping the money. Not joking.

13 Likes

More than one, undoubtedly, and I’m sure there’s a good chance many of them are batshit insane. However, trump seems to function well when the regulators aren’t watching, so I hope his many problems with law enforcement/tax issues/etc. brought to light recently will awaken regulatory interest, especially so he can’t just grab that cash and run.

16 Likes

Trump will lose so spectacularly, but unfortunately the damage has already been done as he did what no other lunatic right winger could - Unlike all the previous shysters he actually ran for president and whipped up the base more than they ever could’ve imagined. Or maybe they could imagine it but no one up until Turnip had the gumption to actually do it

1 Like

25 Likes

That could very well be the best modern visual interpretation of the trump campaign yet or ever. Especially if we consider the vehicle as GOP and trump as engine. Once they’re down, they’ll lie closely despite the clamor and thrash, only to be hauled to the scrapbin of history.

11 Likes

23 Likes

Y’all best not get too complacent. 3rd party candidates pull away some votes, some “meh, Hillary” Democrats stay home, and every freakin’ one of his supporters show up as they’re going to, on November 9th you’re looking at President Trump. And I can only accommodate one or two of you on my couch in Bruges.

37 Likes

[quote=“wrecksdart, post:11, topic:87929”]I don’t know about that, if you mean some clear dividing line that what he says no longer represents the views of the party. What do you mean by “considerable disconnect”?[/quote]Do you think Trump wants the slightest thing to do with the Republican party any more, and vice-versa? It seems hard to even think of him as having any kind of party affiliation anymore. He’s just kind of there. But it’s quite possible I haven’t been paying attention.

2 Likes

Good god. Out of context, his face seems so . . . Mt. Rushmore-ready!

Is there enough mountain left for an addendum?

4 Likes

Dibs! Dibs!

13 Likes

Oh well. I need a new keyboard anyway.

6 Likes

The leader of the Senate has yet to withdraw his endorsement of trump, and neither has Preibus to my knowledge. And whether they want to be tied together or not, I don’t need any group other than Republicans to say “Politics: Ethno-nationalist authoritarian”, but I’ll reserve “cheat” for trump.

2 Likes

If it helps, i empathise entirely with the USA.

Whilst the USA may currently be worse, we still have our own Tories to deal with.
They’re a bit less idiotic* than Trump, but every bit as nasty and intelligent enough to try to at least attempt to hide that fact from the public…

*(That said, Brexit, so that is very debatable.)

12 Likes

The election may be over, but the excuses are just beginning.

6 Likes

Definitely, you have to share this with the world…

He’s not worthy of the mantle. Never was. It was always an angry sham, imo.

'Tis sad, really. What have we become?

P.S. The campaign isn’t over. Trump must still be defeated on election day, so get the frick out and vote!

3 Likes