Donald Trump's still running, but the campaign's over

It’s over, Donny. IT’S OVER!

3 Likes

The right wingers saw her as bright capable and ambitious back in the early 90’s and started a smear campaign way back them because they knew she had what it takes. She scared the shit out of rich, old, fat, white men who don’t intend to ever give up their privileged status. I’ve asked guys why they hate her so much and they can’t explain it…they don’t recognize that they’ve been programed. They’re too lazy to think for themselves.

16 Likes

Do you know what’s rigged? Trump’s manipulation of the media. The Douchebag received billions, with a B, in free media coverage for the ENTIRE campaign, and now he decries it? I call bullshit.

13 Likes

This election is still entirely in play and trump has an excellent chance of being president! The rigged crap he talks about is very likely true in terms of how the republican party has worked in the past. I’m afraid we’ve been set-up to relax and get trump as an unwanted president because of apathy. Please, VOTE if you haven’t already.

6 Likes

Yes! Get the FRICK OUT AND VOTE!

WE ARE THE LAW!

P.S. Still channeling Judge Dredd…

3 Likes

You’ve just put my worse fears to words exactly! I’ll be very surprised if dumb drunk deranged trump worshipers don’t resort to violence toward anyone who they think see as “others”. They don’t have the decency or intellect to do anything except put on their brown shirts and take to the streets. I hope to hell I’m wrong but…

6 Likes

I will protect you, Voter. shield

1 Like

Yeah, I think he will. I think the content of it is going to be…unorthodox, though.

7 Likes

On the plus side, everyone else can see what’s happening there; it’s not happening in secret, so everyone has time to prepare. Including the media, who are absolutely going to be on pins & needles looking for anything they can report.

Maybe I’m being adorably naive, but I’ll be quite surprised if the GOP themselves don’t start putting extra election observers out in order to try to keep things from escalating, just because they’re the ones whose image is going to be tarred for decades if anything untoward happens.

2 Likes

Um, they’re already fucked for supporting The Douchebag. Game’s over. Seats will see new asses come this November, AND two years out, imo. Y’all fucked up.

3 Likes

She scared the shit out of rich, old, fat, white men who don’t intend to ever give up their privileged status.

Wow, well, I respect your perspective, but you’ll find she is pretty despised on the Left as well. If anything has truly hurt her this election, it isn’t her lack of favor with the middle-right. She, basically, herself is middle-right. She makes the usual promises, but look at what she does. She’s well regarded among rich, old, fat white men. She’s quite hawkish, and in terms of foreign policy she might as well be a Bush.

I understand that the whole concept of “conservative” has become quite muddled in the last few years. No, by all means, she is not liked among Neo-Cons. The whole tea-party, Limbaugh, Breitbart, live-in-a-compound type people certainly despise her. For the most part, the fat, old, rich white men who have great power in our society aren’t Neo-Cons.

Look at her donations, look at her foreign policy. Look at her ideas of military use. Look at her energy policies. You know how we attribute “big” to things. Big coal, big pharma, etc etc. Hillary is the “big” candidate. Anyone who supposes she’s a left-leaning outsider candidate in terms of business, diplomacy, military use… pretty much anything, well, you might wanna look again…

15 Likes

AND?

Look at any candidate since Industrialization, and I suspect you could say the same.

I revert to:

AND?

Better than The Douchebag?

I think so, for now.

2 Likes

I’ve read that He’s renting his local campaign offices from the GOP. I am sure there’s a lot of other resources and services that the GOP normally provides to its candidates and then bills the candidates’ campaigns for them. And we all know how Trump likes to weasel out of paying his bills.

5 Likes

Agreed. Pretty much all of the currently-sitting/running GOP have been badly tarred for supporting Donald, and people aren’t going to forget that. I do expect to see lots of GOP seats changing in this and future elections (perhaps not to Democrats, but certainly at least to new GOP politicians who aren’t affected by this scandal), and I fully expect in the months after the election we’ll see a lot of current GOP folks making weak excuses about why they had to support Donald.

But just imagine how much worse it’ll be for them and for the party as a whole if they endorse a nominee who’s actually seen to be attempting to stage a coup via a campaign of voter intimidation. As I say, I’d be shocked if they aren’t already making plans about how to try to prevent that, because it absolutely is in their own best interests to de-escalate the situation. It’s the only way the party survives long-term, even if it’ll be hurting for a while.

But again, I might just be being adorably naive. In which case, :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

You won’t find many lefties on BB who disagree with you. We’re not stoked about a Hillary Clinton presidency. We are stoked about a Democratic Senate, though. No Supreme Court justice can be appointed without the approval of legislature and we need a Democratic majority to have any hope of having a Supreme Court whose decisions won’t mess things up for the next couple generations.

16 Likes

I believe in America. We’ll make it through this together. We shall overcome…

1 Like

The best thing about this godforsaken campaign being in its final days is that maybe Beschizza’s photoshop abominations will soon stop haunting my nightmares.

18 Likes

Very true. Third parties have a great opportunity here and I sincerely hope to see a robust third party turnout. And I certainly expect every last Trumperoon to vote, including the ones that don’t participate in polls!

Democrats and Clinton fans better keep all that in mind & watch out for last minute surprises, too.

Also, excellent use of the second person plural there, well done.

3 Likes

In that case, I hope everyone else has millages on their upcoming ballot to decide upon. Good, bad or ugly - vote.

3 Likes

Clearly there’s enough for his pudendum.

2 Likes