'Donald's Right.' Putin praises Trump Syria withdrawal tweet as 'the right decision'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/20/putin-approves-of-trump-carryi.html

4 Likes

21 Likes

So they’re on a first name basis eh?

14 Likes

Sorta. He’s little donnie & Vlad is Boss Man.

10 Likes

379804dc3cb4c7c99e05b3c655e66fb98ace3c11_1_690x459

16 Likes

Again, trump is a clear and present danger to this country. In plain sight.

16 Likes

Vladimir Putin, the Br’er Rabbit of international geopolitics.

10 Likes

According to the Washington Post, Lindsey Graham has been critical of Trump’s withdrawal strategy.

Some of the most persistent criticism of Trump’s move came Thursday from Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), an ally of the president on most issues.

Graham, who earlier called Trump’s decision “a disaster,” drafted a nonbinding resolution for the Senate to call on Trump to reconsider his decision and for any future decision to withdraw to come only after a “robust interagency process” — implicit criticism of the White House’s lack of consultation before Wednesday’s announcement.

“Bringing our troops home is the goal, you’ve just got to do it smartly,” Graham said during a late-morning interview on CNN.

also:

Graham continued to raise objections to the move Thursday, objecting on Twitter to Trump’s assertion that others in the region could continue the fight against ISIS.

“When it comes to fighting ISIS I do not believe it is wise to outsource the fight to Russia, Iran, and Assad,” Graham wrote. “They do not have America’s best interests at heart.”

It’s pretty hard to find anybody other than Assad, Putin, and Erdogan who thinks this will do anything besides make matters worse.

3 Likes

7 Likes
12 Likes

Man - this I just a cluster fuck.

1. We should have never gotten involved.

2. Since we did get involved, we did a half assed job.

3. There is no freaking way ISIS is gone from the region.

4. Because of that, should we be pulling up tent stakes? Especially leaving the Kurds out to dry?

5. The fact Russia wants us out is disconcerting. While I don’t want another series of proxy wars, pulling out means Assad and Russia have nothing to keep them in check. This will probably lead to them winning.

6. Ironically maybe overall that is a good thing. A stable dictatorship oddly enough can be safer and better for the people than a civil war dragging on for years. But then again some would rather die on their feet than live on their knees.

Unfortunately there is not easy or correct answer to this.

12 Likes

Being a masochist, I went on the_donald to see how they were spinning this. They are hoping all the money we save from this war is going to go to the wall.

EweL

This is probably throwing gas on a half-assed fire that will probably bite us hard later. But hey, by then there will be Democrats running things and they can blame the mess on them right?

11 Likes

we’ve moved way past “funny” to downright tragic

this presidency is going to damage this country for decades (exactly what putin wanted)

so many destructive decisions (supreme court, fed/appeals courts being packed with jackasses) treating other countries as enemies, abandoning allies, taking pointers from tyrants

doesn’t matter who is elected next, we’ll will be digging out of this hole for the rest of my lifetime

he’s got to be impeached by summer 2019, pence is almost as bad but at least we won’t wonder if the country will be on fire when we get up

6 Likes

It takes a lot longer to fix things than to break them. :worried:

7 Likes

So that secret plan to defeat ISIS that Trump was talking about on the campaign trail was “make someone else do it?”

12 Likes

That was his plan to get the wall built, until Mexico told him to pound sand.

The Donald “secret” plan always seems to be: Get someone else to do it, or get them to pay for it, or tell them you’ll pay them when they are done and then don’t.

I’m sure I’m leaving out some steps.

10 Likes

“…ISIS hits us they are doomed”
So did trump just goad ISIS into an attack? Trump would love that. Try to declare some sort of martial law or something?

2 Likes

“Well. thank god that’s cleared up. I was worried at first on if this was a good decision…but since another world leader that Nostradumbass respects and says is a strong leader says its a good decision…welp…I’m good with it.” - every Trumpkin, Dec 2018.

2 Likes

And all this happens just as Turkey is preparing to invade the Democratic Federation of Northern Syria. It’s the Spanish Civil War all over again, or maybe the Ukrainian Free Territory, and all I can do is hope it turns out differently this time.

And for those who are asking, IS are most certainly not gone from the region.

15 Likes

A good start? Iraq and Afghanistan next.

1 Like