U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis quits

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/20/u-s-defense-secretary-jim-mat.html

7 Likes

Guess giving Russia control of Syria wasn’t his idea of an appropriate Christmas gift.

60 Likes

I’d agree. Willing to bet he is simply sick of giving his advice and guidance and being ignored.

29 Likes

To anyone with some knowledge of strategy, either military or political, this is just about the dumbest thing you could do in this situation. Mattis, and many more people in the pentagon, must have been quite annoyed.

36 Likes

I feel like everytime this happens Oompa Loompas should come out and sing a little song.

80 Likes

Plus Trump is about to withdraw from Afghanistan and quit the NATO-led mission there, which is going to be equally disastrous. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near this shitshow if I was Mattis.

31 Likes

Unless your priority is pleasing Vlad the Inveigler. Then it makes perfect sense.

33 Likes

Mattis’ resignation letter is pretty great.

38 Likes

Who’s the “Mad Dog” now?

11 Likes

Oompa Loompa Dummity-Doo,
We’ve got another resignation for you!

63 Likes

New pic of the Mattis leaving the White House released.

63 Likes

What should you do if your Pres is a twit?
Try and endure him and all of his shit.
But if he won’t ever listen to you,
Maybe there’s something else, to, do?
-Get the hell up out of there-

43 Likes

Ouch.

“I believe in things like allies, friendships, respect, honor, and being allowed to do my damn job. Since you don’t, I quit.”

49 Likes

The wheels are coming off of the flaming dumpster.

28 Likes

TIRED: “OMG, Trump is giving all his important staff positions to military generals! He’s going to turn the country into a militarized authoritarian police state!”

WIRED: Former military WH staffers: “Fuck this guy. Fuck this draft dodging bought-out traitor. Get me a goddamn ghost writer so I put together a best seller and blow up FUBAR rat turd of an administration.”

26 Likes

The last adult has left the room.

12 Likes

32 Likes

“veto authority over other nations’ … decisions”

He means that’s a US prerogative.

7 Likes

He appreciates the opportunity to “serve the nation and the men and women in uniform”.

Not their President apparently.

4 Likes

com-gif-to-mp4

19 Likes