Donkey tries to sing along to human playing violin - unmute!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/donkey-tries-to-sing-along-to.html

6 Likes

3 Likes

In before I listen to say my money is on @beschizza having hacked @xeni 's login to post a video singing “Never Gonna Give You Up.”

Or, you know, maybe I did.

Gonna go listen now and report back…

3 Likes

Oh, that was funny, and adorable at the same time. They weren’t half-assing! :horse: (Best I could do.)

4 Likes
14 Likes

Nope! Turns out I am a cynical bastard… that is one donkey in need of a librettist.

4 Likes

In case you don’t speak Donkey, he’s saying, “I KNEW Itzhak Perlman. And you ma;am, are no Itzhak Perlman.”.

8 Likes

“Please release my tiny friend from the strange shaped box!”

6 Likes

This must be what heaven sounds like.

1 Like

The live-action Shrek remake appears to be getting along spendidly… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Anyone else thinking of Brother Heinrich’s Christmas ?

“… As for the donkey that sings in the choir, your Abbot fears I might think him a strange sight. Well, my friends, there are times” – the Archbishop looked at his wine glass – “when I see sights far stranger than a harmless donkey singing in a choir. Long may he continue a member! Though he only sings two notes, there are surely times when those two notes are exactly the right ones.”

3 Likes

What a lovely creature.
We had a dog that would sing along with my mothers piano.

5 Likes

A donkey singing along with MY violin playing back in the day could only have improved it.

3 Likes

My parents had donkeys on their farm. And one year at Christmas Time a local Church asked to borrow one.
It was in the “Rich Peoples” part of town…Mountain Book Alabama . Courtney Cox is from there.
Tho this was early 70’s.

Well, Popcorn—the donkey is about two days into the living Nativity scene at the church and just snaps…he’s had enough. Bites one of the wise men, kicks out the wall of Creche, breaks his teather…and heads off to the green pastures of Mt Book Golf course, where rich people in golf carts try to lasso him with improvised lassos made from ski ropes.

Well, that failed so they called a nearby Zoo to shoot the beast with a tranquilizer dart

So, I’m walking home from school…walking through the field…and this Uhaul pulls up and they basically pour this stoned donkey out of the back. Popcorn sits up on his haunches like a dog and starts braying…and swaying; and for about 12 hours…this donkey is sitting upright stoned as heck braying and swaying back and forth.
Well, it was a memorable Christmas moment.

23 Likes

Now I have the perfect response for my neighbors who play their music too loud late at night…

4 Likes

Those donks are singing, not trying to sing :smiley:

6 Likes

That may be the finest thing I have read this decade.

Thank you for the laugh.

2 Likes

Kiddo is learning to play the violin. I SOOOOO wish I knew someone with a donkey. What a fun practice buddy!

2 Likes

Aren’t animals great

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.